Screen Blank - Mobo / VGA Prob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

My laptop screen keeps going blank recently. At first it seemed to be randomly going blank but it's now going blank less than a minute after loading Windows. When the screen goes blank, the laptop would not respond to any input at all (both from the keyboard and mouse). Even an attempt to eject the DVD ROM tray gives no response.

I don't think this is due to a problem with my Windows as sometimes, the laptop couldn't even do a POST test, due to the screen blank problem. The power LED is on, and hence, I don't think there's any problem with my power supply. I've tried booting into Ubuntu (Live CD), but still encounter the same problem.

One of my colleague says it's the VGA/graphic chipset problem perhaps. Anyone can help me with this? What's the actual problem with my laptop?

Specs
=====
- Processor: Intel C2D T5500
- Graphic: nVidia GeForce Go 7600 (dedicated 256MB)
- Memory: 2GB Kingston
- Make: Compal
- Model: GL30

Oops, I missed it :rolleyes:

t2500 core duo 2.0ghz cpu, geforcego 7600, 120gb 5400rpm hdd, DL dvdrw, and 2gb micron ddr667 ram

Right specs?

It may be overheating. Check the cooling fans and vents for dust clog

Checked. No clog. Temparature ok. It happens even on a cold start. And sometimes I do get something like "PCI System Error on Bus/Device/Function 0000h" message after POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back