but first il let u know my p.c config

1. p4 motherboard with a dual core cpu 2.66ghz each
2. 2 rams 1gb each
3. 2 hdd
80gb hitachi
500gb seagates
4. 1 sony dvd writer

now il hit the prob
you see till yesterday night my seagates hdd worked perfectly but in the morning wen i switched it on it showed 0mb size in the bios and also windows would not boot with the seagate HDD on the motherboard,the Operating system was installed on my hitachi drive'
i tried connecting the cables over again
nothing helped
wen i removed the seagate drive from the motherboard everything worked fine windows booted well from the hitachi drive
i just want to know if there is anything i can do get it working again by myself other then returning it to the vendor
i had lots of data stored in it
if i return it to the vendor then everything would be lost in vain
please help guys

i need ur help
no 1s replying

Most members find it difficult to read this broken English (actually so do I)
ie Instead of saying:
i need ur help
no 1s replying
Instead write: I need your help. No one is replying

I note that your entire original post has been written poorly this way; and as we are not presently SMSing on a mobile phone! It would be far better (for you) to write clearly, if you need clear support.
ie I could just as easily write back: "Get S.Tools 'n chk; o ty Im dve 2 comp bck, u no."
Well, no doubt any support member can eventually work out what I mean (possibly even you) but I look at posts like these, and I think, why bother! You don't have the time to write correctly, and I don't have the time to reply (except to help you to post correctly, it would seem)

By the way, bumping your thread only after 5hrs is not correct to the board's guidelines. Try to be more patient. Or better yet re-write (via using Edit) your post.

Edit:

b wen u do i hlp u on hd prob. k?

ok kimsland
i respect your authority here
and also i made some changes
and i hope its no more broken english
i agree with most of the things you typed in
i will be patient....

hi Well Raybay ,

just 3/4 Sata ports were used
yes i am very certain it worked fine before
but i am into these Dc stuff [Lan sharing]
can this affect the life of the hard disk , cause im hosting hubs through my p.c
also when the Hub and the Dc client is on i watch movies..
can this be part of the reason why i faced the above problem

I have returned the disc to seagates but i would like to know the
Cause and solution incase this problem has to repeat again

thank you for your participation so far,

also before the problem occured i tried the seagates diagnostic software
i tried the selftest but i never got the result , sometimes it would show as failed and sometimes i would never get the result since the scanning or the process would never end

Hard to say. We have four shops, and run a tremendous number (780 a year) of laptop and harddrives through our repair systems. We also use Western Digital, Toshiba laptop drives, and Fujitsu (another incredibly improved drive seeries), and we have never seen the problems or the failures you describe.
I do see a lot of Seagate "recertified" hard drives as special deals from our suppliers, and even more recertified Western Digital.
The only drives I think of as "Bad" are Maxtor (now taken over by Seagate) and Hitachi desktop and laptop drives... Samsungs I don't know about, as we see so few of them...
Samsung is certainly taking the lead in solid state drives, however, and their new partnership with Intel where solid state drives are concerned will definitely change the industry.

dude
something strange is going on,,
today my other hard disk gave me a diskboot error.
i then switched the ports and put on my computer again and it worked fine and just like everyday even this time i was doing some Lan sharing
i think its because of it,

should i be bothered if my motherboard is 2-3 yrs old
i read many website article which state that we need to update the motherboards firmware
i dont know how to do it and i am also afraid to risk doing the installation incase it goes bad half way during the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back