Secretlab Magnus Pro XL Review: A Feature-Packed Sit-to-Stand Desk

People don't need standing desk! Just stop buying gaming chairs & then you will have no back pains! I bought a gaming chair once & after a while, I started to have back pains. I switched to a cheap mesh chair with back support & now, no more back pain or sweaty anything!

Interesting counterpoint about gaming chairs! While a good mesh chair can definitely be great for back health, personally, I've found that adjusting my posture throughout the day, including using a standing desk sometimes, helps me avoid discomfort. Ultimately, it comes down to individual preferences and finding what works best for each body.

Last edited:
"Here's a confession: I've never liked the idea of a standing desk. I'm well aware of the health risks associated with sitting down all day and the claims that it's the new smoking, but to me, standing up while typing sounds as unappealing and unnatural as taking a bath with your socks on."

It was unappealing to me at first (first had a sit/stand at work) and with a crappy desk, it really is unappealing to swap back and forth. I decided to make my own instead of buying one. I can't justfy the price points for these gaming focused solutions since they compromise on what I want while costing me more money. I got a butcher block counter top and put it on a frame with cable tracks and a 3 montor stand for under $700. I got a better build quality and nicer look by trading in some elbow grease.

I would definitely recommend replacing that chair with a proper ergonomic solution. Most of the gaming chairs are horrible for sitting at a computer and there are much better alternatives for a fraction of the cost. Check out BTOD.com and their YouTube BTODtv for suggestions.

People don't need standing desk! Just stop buying gaming chairs & then you will have no back pains! I bought a gaming chair once & after a while, I started to have back pains. I switched to a cheap mesh chair with back support & now, no more back pain or sweaty anything!

Even with an adjustable, ergonomic chair, you'll still be better off standing from time to time. I normally do the same as the author and switch off every hour or so.

Not sure when the "standing" fad caught on, but what I have seen is, the longer you stand, the more chances of people getting varicose veins and haemorrhoids and back pain.

We are humans, not horses.

What you need is an ergonomic or comfortable chair with good back and neck support, with room for stretchable legs.

Of course, take a break by walking to the bathroom or for coffee.

Back