Setting up AOL connection with Zyxel 660HW router

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems setting up my Zyxel with AOL 9.0VR. I'm running Microsoft Vista but I can't get AOL to recognise the Zyxel router. AOL can't help and Zyxel tech support is shut. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thanks

You should not have to set up AOL to talk to the router as AOL will try and make the connection automatically "using TCP/IP connection".
Set up the router using either the Zyxel Cd or Internet explorer via 192.168.1.1. Account admin, password admin.
Key in your AOL screenname in full and the password - set the protocol according to where you are (Jeez I wish people would tell us where they live when they join!), reboot the router and then check if you have the ADSL connection with the ISP (AOL). If that works, start AOL and let it work through the setup to find the connection.

And one more thing Albert was too polite to say, dump AOL and go to almost any other ISP,as soon as possible. ;)

sorry - don't want to upset Uncle Sam as I suspect this member is somewhere in the US. AOL in UK is absolute ****e as well.
Happiness might be a world without AOL and Norton.

You make Sky?virgin sound like a union whereas they are firm enemies. Still reckon talktalk is the cheapest UK ISP especially when bundled with free phones. And Sky Sat TV at £45 ($90) per month for that rubbish? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back