Shadow Warrior 2 is out now, and Nvidia is giving away $50,000 worth of free copies

midian182

Staff member

Shadow Warrior 2, the sequel to the 2013 remake of the 1997 first-person shooter, is out now. And there’s some good news for Lo Wang fans: registered Nvidia users who download and log into the new GeForce Experience 3.0 could win a free code for the game.

If you want the chance to experience Shadow Warrior’s Duke Nukem-style quips and comedic amount of gore without having to pay anything, just register at GeForce.com then install and log into GeForce Experience 3.0.

Nvidia has $50,000 worth of codes to give out to random registered users, so if you’ve got one of the company's graphics cards and would like a free game then it may be worth signing up. Shadow Warrior 2 is already in the “overwhelmingly positive” category on Steam and is receiving positive reviews from critics. It’s also the first PC game to ship with high-dynamic range support, though you’ll need a HDR TV to see it, as there are no HDR monitors available yet.

Nvidia’s GeForce experience is an easy way to keep your GPU drivers up to date. It can also optimize settings for more than 300 games and capture video for streaming or sharing. The latest edition has a new look and is three times faster while using half the memory, according to Nvidia.

The graphics giant has been handing out rewards to GeForce Experience users for a while now. Lucky winners have received GTX 1080s, MSI VR-ready notebooks, HTC Vives, game codes, and more.

In an interview with Kotaku, developer Flying Wild Hog’s PR people said that Shadow Warrior 2 comes without any DRM, such as Denuvo, because: “We prefer to spend resources on making our game the best possible in terms of quality, rather than spending time and money on putting some protection that will not work anyway.”

It was reported back in August that a cracking team had allegedly managed to crack Denuvo’s anti-tamper technology.

Shadow Warrior 2 is available now on Steam and GOG.

Permalink to story.

So when do we know if we received the game for free? I want to play it but wouldn't want to buy it just to get a free copy, although I could sell it or give it to a friend I suppose. The carnage is this game is far too appealing to pass up.

I have not used this program for a while, the interface has been improved a lot.

The game auto optimization is nice for novices but really sub-optimal. I tried Rise of the Tomb Raider with my GTX 1070 and it's telling me to put everything on Medium-High and then DSR to 4K (!?!?!?!?). I don't know what kind of FPS it's targeting but I can play with everything maxed out (no AA) @1440p and get about 60 FPS average. It's really weird that it prefers DSR to maxing out the visual settings.

Back