Silverstone Raven 3 (RV03) ATX Case Review

That would be pretty cool to do a "2.1 PC sound system round up" and a similar one for 5.1's.

Anyway This case looks pretty nice! I still won't buy one because the rotation of the motherboard looks like it would annoy me with all the wires poking out the top, still nice idea though.

Great review! I imagine the location of the power supply to be a bit of an issue but nonetheless people find workarounds.

I must admit, I want one! My Antec 300 will have to live on for now though.

Ugh, this case is hideous. I feel it is a total step backwards from the Raven 2. And the colors are just blagh!

I admit the price is pretty competitive especially for a Raven series. I'm sure my techie friend / gaming PC assembler will have a fit when he sees the layout of this case. If I ever get one, I would need to do something about that tacky gold trim.

Great review of the build, but did you ever hook it up and turn it on? Like the Raven 2 review, there's no pic of what it looks like with everything plugged in, which we'd like to see given where the wires come out.

You compare it to the HAF 932, but neither review has any mention of whether the Raven's mobo orientation or the 932's huge fans has any affect on noise or temps over traditional designs.

Aren't those water cooling radiator holes right on the top?

Great review of the build, but did you ever hook it up and turn it on? Like the Raven 2 review, there's no pic of what it looks like with everything plugged in, which we'd like to see given where the wires come out.

From the RV02E review…

https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/351/images/Image_06.jpg
https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/351/images/Image_07.jpg
https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/351/images/Image_08.jpg

You compare it to the HAF 932, but neither review has any mention of whether the Raven's mobo orientation or the 932's huge fans has any affect on noise or temps over traditional designs.

Both cases are very quiet and appear to keep components very cool. We have not installed the same hardware into each case to make direct comparisons. At this stage we do not test the cooling performance of each case as it is hard to provide accurate results given all the cases are not tested with the same hardware on the same day.

Aren't those water cooling radiator holes right on the top?

Sure are but where do you mount the radiator?

I prefer the original Raven2 we reviewed. I guess I better snap one up soon before there are none left!

Really not sure what to make of that gold trim...Makes it look seriously tacky and cheap in my opinion. :(

Really not sure what to make of that gold trim...Makes it look seriously tacky and cheap in my opinion. :(

Inside its a nicer case but as we said in the review, gold trim is not a good look so I agree with you.

I can't help but notice everything seems somewhat more "squashed" in the Raven 3 though. How did you find it to work with Steve when compared to the Raven 2?

The Raven 2 certainly gives the appearance of more usable space.

Thanks for the links, Steve. I ask about the noise and temps because I've read reviews where they've setup a base $100 case and compared it to the reviewed case to record decibel levels etc. Seems a little OCD, and I don't have any idea what 40 decibels sounds like compared to 30 anyway.

I care most about the noise and temps because we only build once, but deal with the noise every day. If the fans are decently quiet, then that's good enough. My 'quiet' Antec P182 is only quiet with the fans on low, not at all when they're going fast.

mike, i have the 1st ver of the raven & it has the same cooling setup... this case is so quiet it doesn't seem to be running. The fans don't have a high rpm but are large enough to move the air up though the case. The material used is really solid so it helps damper all the sound. I really like mine & sure this one is even better!

Back