Sims unleashed laptop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

Does anyone know why my daughter cannot run sims unleashed, She has been playing it for a couple of months but all of a sudden when you start the game, it gets most of the way through its setup then returns to the desktop?

Ive defragged and tidied the machine, quite new lots of memory even reinstalled the game but with the same result.

I have looked at the available patch but this issue does not appear.

She did say that she had to turn it of in a hurry but could not elaborate on this

Thanks

Maybe some user definable file like the neighbourhood got corrupted when the computer was turned off? When you reinstalled the game, did you keep the old neighbourhoods, web pages, objects, etc?

You may try uninstalling the game and then deleting the Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\ folder to make sure all stuff is gone.

Sounds like game corruption. I would recommend uninstalling (and removing the SIMS folder in C:\program files\maxis and then doing a complete reinstallation.

You may want to backup your saved games first (just in case, but I feel this is probably the cause of it). You can do so by copying the UserData folders.

Sims Unleashed bombs out

I too am getting this problem.

I have Windows XP, new machine with cracking spec. I've installed all Sims software up to Unleashed. Unleashed loads fine, and then just bombs me out to my desktop as soon as the game starts.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times.

I have also deleted the Maxis folder within Program Files, cleaned up the registry, removed all spyware, done a virus scan, done a disk cleanup. Still no joy :confused:

I have been on the Sims web site and downloaded 'patches' which allegedly fix the problem, but still no joy. I'm miffed because friends can install and run it fine, and it runs fine on my XP laptop.

I'm beginning to feel an XP re-install coming on :eek:

Sorry to say, am still getting the same but only on the laptop. Ive updated everything uninstalled cleaned reg with reg cleaner and still it happens yet fine on the house pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back