Since the most recent attempted Windows 10 update, Windows Photo Viewer is disabled and I am unable to download any software from this website

Bad news all the way around. What to do? And where is the download block coming from? I disabled the shield in Avast; and, that did not help.

Sounds strange. Did you install anything new? Perhaps try running Windows defender or malwarebytes if you already have it to see if there’s anything wrong on the security side first?

Sounds strange. Did you install anything new? Perhaps try running Windows defender or malwarebytes if you already have it to see if there’s anything wrong on the security side first?
Avast updated the free version recently. also Firefox added the facebook container. I have malawarebites running at startup for all browsers. Windows defender is not running since it used to be so restrictive, and I generally do not trust microsoft phone home appliications. Maybe I need to change this...... very tired of the continual windows 10 control freak issues. Maybe time to go to Linux

Also: I just started getting messages that using Windows Photo Viewer I do not have permission to open photo files.

Back