SLI problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. MY name is deone. I have built a gaming pc and im haveing a bit of an issue. I have been on the ophone with all of the manufactuers to no avail , so i come to where some of the same apples have fallen from the tree.

First off let me say this is only my second build so not very savvy at this.
My system is:
NForce 680I SLI motherboard (BFG)
Intell Core 2 duo E6600
8800gts OC 620 GPU (BFG)
8800gts 320 GPU (E-Gforce)
2 GIG corsair Dominator PC 6400 XMS2
1000 Watt PS (BFG)
Zalman 9700 cpu fan
Cooler master stacker 830 full case
about 7 120M fans
(Looking to overclock later on)

O.K. Now that i have that said, the problem that im having is i cannot get windows to give me the pop-up sli bubble.Both cards are working, and i can see them in the display portion of the hardware task manager. I have downloaded both set of drivers, and im left to using only one card.
There is no optopn for SLI anywhere once i log into windows, and the only function in the bios is enable SLI ready memory, ( i have tried both ways on-off). Is there something im missing? Please let me know what you think, and remember im a noob at this so please keep the flames to a minimum.

I suspect that the problem is with the two SLI cards not being compatible with one another or maybe with the motherboard. Do they both work OK if you try them each on their own?

Hmmmm

When i goto the SLI zone . It says that they can be different memory and brands, but need to be the same model.I.E (8800 GTS) But as i said im new so maybe ill try and get another 320 for the next step. Thanx for the help.

Believe me and AlbertLionheart and Time Paradox; in order to get SLI to run properly, boht cards MUST be identical. Doesn't matter what the manufarturer says. RAM must be the same, clock speed must be the same and the options must be the same. Seems you wasted your money trying to save some money. Tough luck.

At SLI zone, by different memory, they don't mean different memory SIZES, they mean different manufacturers. You can't run SLI if one card has twice the memory of the other.

Deone - I agree but I have had a matched pair of cards from the same manufacturer refuse to work because of a compatibility issue with the motherboard.
The only real answer is all from the same house but we cannot all afford to do that in one hit!

Given the choice, I would always try and get things from the same manufacturer - a good reason is that the drivers are less likely to conflct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back