Slow boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjo13

My new machine runs great! I have no problems to speak of and enjoy it alot. But if I had to say one thing about it that annoys me, it would be when I start it, it sits on the black Windows XP (professional) screen forever. When it finishes, it loads quickly. What's hanging it up?

hmmm...

I downloaded it, but when I try to run it I get an error message that says "The proceedure entry point WmiOpenTraceWithCursor could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPT32.dll"
What can I do?

try uninstalling/reinstalling. if that doesnt work maybe try downloading the program from another site. i never got that problem with that site though.

Do you have Service Pak 1 installed? If not, try this older version of Bootvis. If it's a new machine it should have this installed though.

You really should install the sevice paks if you don't have them.

Also, Bootvis is probably not going to totally resolve your problem. One thing to look at is you internet connection. It might be doing a search for you IP. Go to Internet Connections Properties and manually enter you IP's numbers, and see if that helps your bootup. That way it won't have to spend time searching, and should boot faster. May not be the problem, but give it a look.

Edit: After rereading your first post, it sounds like your problem is in the boot sequence, before you get to the desktop, and may be before the IP search. If you can get Bootvis to run, you might be able to see in the log whats causing it to be so slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back