sngx's deathstar hd finally dies (with pic - 407KB)

By SNGX1275
Apr 11, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. I got this hard drive back in January 2000, it failed sometime after that and I RMA'd it. Then later it squeeked once or twice and got bad sectors. Those sectors stayed bad for about 2 years, then I took hddregen to it and got those back to life. Also somewhere in there I did that firmware patch.

I come into work last week, and hear some not friendly sounds. Here is what happened:
    [​IMG]
    Yep, it completely scratched the metal surface on the platters off.

2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

whoa

Totally torn to hell wow...i had a old 10GB quantium fireball seize on me, the heads broke or something, and the disk got scratched but not that bad...

Sean

3. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 942

sucks hard sng

i hope you had backups!

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Topic Starter Posts: 10,742   +421

I always have backups of my important stuff. Unfortunately for me, I lost a few files I had recently worked on at work. Fortunately for me though, most of those that I didn't have saved, I had emailed to people, and they were in my sent items folder on the Exchange Server.

Everything else though that was on that that had any value, I have a copy on my comp at home, and on cd, and on my account work gives me on their servers.