Software Distribution Service 2.0 - Now lost all pictures, media files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this Tech forum but am frustrated and hoping someone can help.

Last night at 3am (and I've seen similar postings on google but no assistance), my computer ran an update (I know to now turn off auto updates)... As a result, I have lost all files I had in a back up folder connected to my old hard drive (new hard drive and link to old hard drive).

Just gone. All of my media files and pictures are missing. I did a system restore and it did nothing but did say the last update was a Service Distribution Service 2.0. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Holly

This same update actually crashed my machine. I had to run a chkdsk /f in order to get it up and running again.

Perhaps your issue is similar, to run chkdsk, go to the Start Menu and select Run type chkdsk C: /f then click OK. Chkdsk might not be able to lock your drive for a scan and will prompt to run at next reboot. Just type Y press enter and reboot.
Substitute C: for the drive letter with the problem.

Thanks

Thanks, I will try that this evening and see what happens. Did you lose files as well? And if you did, did this fix the crash and retrieve the files. Thanks again :)

I didn't lose any files persay, the machine simply wouldn't get past loading system drivers. However, the chkdsk did repair some "inaccurate indexs" at which point my PC booted up fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back