something i'd like to know

somekid007

the other day my frend was trying to change the password on his computer when his brother came in and realized that the password was changed. he got rilli mad and threw the computer into the wall. the computer would not post after. i suggested it was maybe the power supply had died down. since the psu took most of the abuse. i told him to try reseating everything and try to see if it booted. no avail. then the same brother had the great idea to reinstall the cpu without knowing wut in the hell he wa doing. what he didnt kno was the the whitebox store they bought it from (they bought it before i met them) had apparently glued or adhered the cpu into the socket. his brother as clumsy as he is. ripped it out with all his force. he bent a sh*tload of pins and sum are bent into the shape of a u. there is no way to save that poor cpu. now i just wanna know, why would a computer store glue the cpu into the socket??? it jus doesnt make sense to me.

Did they use hot glue? I've seen many computer places use hot glue around all connection and around the edge of the processor to help keep people from messing with internal components.

BTW That guy really needs to learn to control his temper...His obviously going to pay for not controlling it....:blackeye:

I know that they usually adhere the heatsink onto the cpu, so that may be how that happend.

As for the computer I would say just scrap all the good components take some anger management classes and get a new computer.

Life goes on

You didn't say how old this computer was - some old ones don't have a socket at all, CPU is soldered to mainboard directly.

its fairly new, p4 2.4B, i845 chipset, 512mb ddr333, 80gb hd, gf4 ti4200.....
i know for a fact the pentium4 has a socket for i have one.

<<ROFLMAO>>

i just went to their house and helped myself and opened up the case. and guess wut? the cpu retention lever was down!!!! the dumbarse didnt even lift up the lever!!!!! it wuznt glued, he just didnt release the proc from the socket!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, some people on this planet are jus not meant to build a computer.

GOOD LORD! :eek: THATS SAD! That guy REALLY needs to seek anger mangement, and neverever toutch a computer again, much less open one...

Someone please shoot him....He ruined a 2.4Ghz. P4?? Shame Shame.....

Agreed.. someone shoot him :D

lots of that seems to be going around lately. People using prybars to remove CPUs, people using hammers to apply HSFs...

Wonders never cease...

I'm surprised he didn't stuff his brother into the case with his bare hands...unbelievable...and then to rip out the CPU like that. Someone needs an attitude adjustment...

Back