Sony DSC driver installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveskater

Hi, i've recently been given my dads old digital camera, Sony DSC P51, and i've just tried to get my photos off of it, but the device driver won't install properly. I've tried going through device manager and telling it to try installing it again but it says "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attemping to install it.
Sony DSC
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)"

This happened when it tried searching the internet for new drivers and i chose the one from the list. Is it just that this camera is incompatible with vista or do i need to find drivers from somewhere else?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Ahhh Vista ..............

From this MS Website

Code 1
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To update the drivers for this device, click Update Driver. If that doesn't work, see your hardware documentation for more information.

Solution button: Update Driver

This code means that the system has not had a chance to configure the device. To resolve the problem, follow the instructions in the Device Status box. In addition, you may be able to resolve this issue by removing the device in Device Manager, and then running the Add New Hardware wizard from Control Panel.

So yes as you say its an OLD camera I would say Vista doesnt like the drivers....

Regards

thanks for the reply and link :)

i'm going to try and remove it from device manager and see what happens. vista should be ok with the drivers in theory because they came with it and they're signed, but then again, this is vista we're talking about

edit: a bit strange, but i plugged it in just now to make it come up in device manager, and now it works. although i have 2 "unknown device"s in there, i know one is a midi controller or something but i don't know what this new one is or if it'll go away

Unknown devices ... try using the windows update thing to find a driver, sometimes it works,

Have you got the driver disk for the motherboard ??, if not google the make and download the drivers from the manufacturers website...

Regards

i've just checked device manager and only one unknown thing is there now, it says Location: on SIS PCI to ISA bridge when i open it.

would this be something on the mobo cd rom, because i do have it. i'll try clicking reinstall driver and get it to search the internet anyway.

edit: i checked online (via windows) for a driver and it can't find anything.

Never use the drivers on CDs - those are alwas hopelessly outdated. Check your mobo maker's or SiS website.

If you still have trouble with the camera, invest in a USB card reader. Just pop out the Memory Stick from the camera whenever you need to transfer pictures and plug it into the reader.

hi, Nodsu

i've gotten the camera working, just i don't know what this other thing is in device driver that it says is unknown

the only drivers on my mobo manufacturers site (ECS) are SiS AGP Driver, which i think i have, LAN Driver, i've got a PCI lan card, not built in, and a C-media sound driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back