Sony Ericsson W810i , WSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolfman

I had this phone for over 2 years now , and it is in excellent condition.
how ever i was getting some pictures in to my pc and suddenly it started flashing
and showing me the sony ercisson logo and then the WSOD. It keeps on repeating
the same cycle over..... and over...... and over...... again.

I searched on youtube.com and i found out that im not the only one. many people had
this problem and some of them claim that they have managed to fixed it by simply flashing it.

Well i've been busting my brain , tryng to figure out how where they capable of flashing the
phone with the WSOD. the WSOD wont allow the PC to detect the phone and it
wont boot up to the phone bios .

i have the drivers but i cant install them unless i have the phone plugged in.

How can i flash the software VIA USB if the pc won't recognize it in the first place ?

I dont know what to do .... and i really love this phone.

nevery seen this wsod but when I flashed my k610 and k750 it was not necessary to make windows recognize the phones. I got a flash software and a firmware downloaded, turned on the flash software and followed the instructions... I think like this:

run software
remove battery from phone
connect phone with computer
insert battery
hold some keys on the phone

then the software deteced the phone and put on the new firmware.
well, I did that to debrand the phones but the procedure should be the same. maybe you google for debranding or unbranding and not flashing. this will take you to alot of mobile forums where even I found help - and I know nothing about mobile phones :)

Thanks for the reply ....☺

Alright .... i got that part , but , which keys did you press and
which software did you use ?

the software is called XS++ and it tells you what to do or press

you can find instructions here

you will need to search for the other files (firmware and cust packs for your phone) through this or other forums. plus you need to make sure you have the right one for the right "chipset". its all discribed in there...
hope this helps you

i got the software , but the firmware files are almost impossible to locate.

Plus the XS++ software is giving me this message:

Cannot open phones comunications port.

failed to open.

it looks like you have a useless ohone. best option here would be to go to a phone repair shop and ask them what to do. I think there is not much hope but wish you good luck

@rolfman go to the SE website download SEUS follow instructs very simple :) provided that your WSOD isnt a hardware failure youll be able to reload but youll lose your photos for sure- unless theyre on memory card

im a newbie sorry so the forum wont allow me to post url /direct link

h tt p://ww w.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/topic/updateserviceapplication/w810i?cc=gb&lc=en

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back