Sound Control Opening With Heavy Delay

joshieboy

Hey everyone,

So I am using Windows 7 and I have been trying to open my Sound options under my Control Panel to no avail.

When I click on the "Sound" text, my Control Panel box slightly fades as if a window is going to open but no such window ever does. 5-10 minutes later, the sound controls will finally pop up. It is experiencing some kind of heavy delay.

I have been told it may be a driver issue but my drivers are relatively new (3-4 weeks old).

Let me know if you guys have any solutions.

Thanks.

Hmm, could be a bug with the new drivers.

Try un-installing all audio devices and then re-install.
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]

I think sound card settings should be open easily by control panel if it is not than there is problem with your system's driver. re-install it.

Alright one thing, I don't have sound card. Should I re-install the drivers for my motherboard? I find that when I am not running anything with sound, I can open it instantly but when I attempt to do so when I have something playing sound (even if the sound isn't on) it will have a delay.

You will have a sound chip integrated into your motherboard, just continue as though you have a sound card and follow the mentioned steps...

Back