Sound gets stuck or skips

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAM 71

I have an abit motherboard with realtekbuilt in audio and logitech z-5300 speakers. My problem is that my sound would get stuck or hesitate very now and then. I tried downloading different drivers and nothing fixed the problem. So I thought well maybe on board audio is cheap so I bought a Sound Blaster Fatality. I disabled the realtek drivers and updated the sound blaster drivers and here's where I'm stuck. The welcome screen sound skips and doesn't play smooth. I have not found any other problems but its still annoying that it doesn't work 100%. Please give me your suggestions.

Have a look at the resources for the SB card - note the IRQ. Then have a look at the IRQ allocations in the device manager > view resource by type > IRQ line and see if there is anything sharing the IRQ. Windows is not that clever at doing this so if there is anything you could try changing the IRQ settings on either device - you may not be allowed to but it is worth a try.

my sb and one of my ethernet jacks share the same IRQ. It states at the bottom that there are no conflicts and I can not find a way to change it.

I do not have anything the the PCI slots other that my sb and video card but they are not right next to each other

try the sound card to another PCI slot.

but before you remove it,un-install first the driver
then shut down your machine & transfer the card.

when windows load,install the driver manually.

also,if you have any over-clocking,tune them into normal mode.

BTW,what windows OS are you running?

please run a dxdiag report & attach the file to your next post.

I'm running 4 GB of RAM although the computer only recognizes 3.25 GB. I was told that that's all XP would recognize. Don't know if that's accuatre or not but that's what two people told me.

your sound devices looks fine.

have you done updating your windows lately?
if not,please do so.

also download & save Ccleaner from the link below:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

install & run Ccleaner & registry,click scan for issues & fix selected issues,
(please ensure everything is marked with check).the program will ask you
"do you want to backup changes to the registry?" click Yes.

before you reboot your machine,please limit your start up programs.
reboot your machine & try if it fixed the issue.

Yes windows is updated. I ran the cleaner and closed just about all start up programs as you suggested and the problem is still there. I think this is something I'll just have to live with. It will bug me till the the end but I think we're exhausting our options. I called creative and logitech for ideas but there were of no help.

well,let's just hope that it would be healed through windows automatic updates
(sometimes work).and you may want to change your windows log-on sound/theme. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back