Spybot S&D Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseM

I recently installed the latest version of Spybot S&D and have been having trouble getting it to work. Also, I cannot connect to Spybot's website (www.safer-networking.org. This doesn't help.

Spybot will not let me search for problems because it claims that, "You need to install the detection updates first by using the integrated update or the manual updater." However, when I try to search for updates the updater box freezes and a few seconds later says, "No newer updates available". This is extremely frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

get a command prompt (run->cmd)

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "DNS Client"
net start "DNS Client"
use the quotes as written

Issues with Spybot altogether

I've used spybot before and not had issues.

I wanted to install it on a new laptop and ...
1) I can't even access the website.
2) I've found the 15mb download on other sites and all of installations require connecting to the server to even install. and of course I cannot connect to server during installation.

is anyone else having these issues? is the server that hosts the site down or what?

thanks kimsland I am downloading it now and gonna try it, although i do have a feeling it is the same installation file due to its size and that its gonna want to connect to spybot's server for me to be able to install it. which wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back