Spyware infection: Spyware infection has detected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Techspot users,

I come here with a cry for help. I have been infected with spyware. I can give you some details on it:

It shows up as a small red shield, much like the windows ones, with a white cross through it.

Whenever I hover over it, a balloon pops up with 'Spyware infection has detected!'

I read through some other threads and decided to at least run HijackThis!. The log files are below.

If somebody would be so kind as to help me out with removing this from my pc, I would be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Hi MvR and welcome to techspot. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. These are a comprehensive mix of steps to remove common malware, as well as provide us logs of your system to look at so we can further remove any tricky nasties.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of MvR only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back