Starting various programs opens File Download for .htm, .mht files

shini385

I'm running a Windows 7 64bit system. Didn't have any problems it just started without cause (or so it seams). I tried to find a solution by googleing, reading forums, this one included, if I could find a similar or exact same problem. Tried re-installing the affected programs including Chrome, ran sfc /scannnow, avast!, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, even checked hardware... All with no use. My last option is re-installing Windows but I would rather not.

So the problem started suddenly I haven't installed nothing new and everything was working perfectly prior to it. Now every time I start (and as using) Gom media player, Bitcomet (torrent manager), Winner poker program, and some others a "File Download" window opens and a download progress window underneath asking me to Open, Save or Cancel the download of eng_ad.htm from info.gomlab.com in the instance of opening Gom. If I chose to open it opens in Chrome, if I chose to save it saves the file, cancel dose as it says (lol). The program opens and is usable but it lacks the text that appears normally in the black bar above "preferences". Similar with Bitcomet. In the case of Winner poker a lot of the program is missing and is unusable.

I hope I explained my problem well if not just ask. I will include screenshots because a picture is worth a thousand words :)
I hope there is a fix other than the re-installation of Windows.
Than You all for reading and especially for helping!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.png
    2.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.png
    3.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 5
Thank You for the reply. I am currently not home at my computer but I will be tomorrow so ill do the steps as written then. But to remind I have already done a AV scan and Malwarebytes scan with not even one threat on long scans not quick. And if Winner poker was to fault it would happen a year ago.
I was thinking it may be a Windows update screw up.
The logs will be posted here.

I think you should post logs in Virus and Malware Removal section in a new topic. Users with knowledge about viruses and stuff are there and it's more likely to get help there. And btw I doubt that Windows Update can cause anything like that.

Update: I have posted the logs as instructed in "Virus and Malware Removal" with the same name and waiting for reply.

So Broni at the Virus and Malware Removal said:
None of the logs detects anything malicious on your computer so....I suggest you continue in your original topic.
Is there anyone with a good suggestion?

Back