Stealth III S540 pci under windows 2000 [lockups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently put together a system with spare parts I had laying around. The drivers that windows 2000 installs works fine, but direct 3d or any 3d rendering isn’t enabled. dxdiag states that direct 3d isn’t supported on this card (which it is obviously) So I uninstalled these drivers and reinstalled the drivers available at www.diamondmm.com which I presume are the latest drivers for this card since it was discontinued quite a few years ago. But with these drivers installed, windows locks up just as I get to the desktop. The only way for me to get out of it is to physically press the reset button on the computer and enter safe mode to uninstall the drivers I just installed and reinstall the ones that windows installed. Which brings me back right to the beginning again with no direct 3d support. It also stumps me because I had this exact same card in another system before I upgraded that one, running under windows 2000 with the exact same drivers and it ran fine.

I just want to be able to play Diablo II on this machine. :blackeye:

you know what forget it, i found another video card that i had laying around and it works fine. i dumped this card. thanks though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back