Steam's Intergalactic Summer Sale is here to invade your wallet

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Valve's annual Steam Summer Sale is an excellent opportunity to stock up on titles at bargain-basement prices.

Valve’s annual Steam Summer Sale just went live and as anticipated, you’ll find discounts on a slew of games through Valve’s digital distribution platform.

Deals highlighted on the front page include 80 percent off Crypt of the NecroDancer which brings the price down from $14.99 to just $2.99, half off Rocket League (now yours for only $9.99), Darkest Dungeon for $7.49 (a savings of 70 percent) and Rust for only $8.74 (originally $34.99).

Elsewhere, you can pick up The Brookhaven Experiment for only $4.99 (75 percent off the original $19.99 asking price) and score discounts of up to 85 percent on select Sonic games. Some games in the Fallout franchise can be had with discounts of up to 75 percent.

As revealed a few days ago, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is also on sale for the first time ever. You can grab it at a 33 percent discount which brings it down to $19.99.

The Intergalactic Summer Sale, as Valve is calling this year’s bargain bonanza, runs through July 5. Servers may be a bit sluggish early on as everyone floods the store to check out all the fresh deals but that’ll likely work itself out within just a few hours.

Permalink to story.

The first time I ever participated in a Steam sale... oh boy that was a glorious moment. A couple years later, everything worth getting was already on my account, now it's simply sad :p

Anyone else having an issue on steams servers? just browsing the games? wow... everyone must be trying to get steam sales.

Anyone else having an issue on steams servers? just browsing the games? wow... everyone must be trying to get steam sales.
Yea this happens almost every year. The *****s at Valve never have enough servers or simply put by many companies, misjudged how big the event would be. Time and time again these issus come up n every year we wait for them to fix what is a simple fix but are to cheap to solve it. I guess being a Billion dollar company isnt about making things work but about how to make the next Billion but cheaper.
Steam sucks. Thank god games are finally leaving or not relying on it anymore.

Yea this happens almost every year. The *****s at Valve never have enough servers or simply put by many companies, misjudged how big the event would be. Time and time again these issus come up n every year we wait for them to fix what is a simple fix but are to cheap to solve it.
Yeah sure, let's add tens of servers just for the initial hour of the sale. Everything balances out, not even an hour later everything is back to normal, each and every year. Not defending Valve but it really doesn't make sense.
I guess being a Billion dollar company isnt about making things work but about how to make the next Billion but cheaper.
You got that right at least.

Yeah sure, let's add tens of servers just for the initial hour of the sale. Everything balances out, not even an hour later everything is back to normal, each and every year. Not defending Valve but it really doesn't make sense.
I got it all right. Valve has had issues with their servers for yrs, its not new. It is easily solved but as usual they dont want to spend money to fix the issue. So we all wait or like most of the real world have to do, go to work then come back n either miss the sale or the fact the server is still down.
So yes I have it all right. Valve can do these things but wont. Have you seen how fat Gabe has gotten over the years? He eating good n company making Billions but cant fix simple server issues, that sums it all up.

I got it all right. Valve has had issues with their servers for yrs, its not new. It is easily solved but as usual they dont want to spend money to fix the issue. So we all wait or like most of the real world have to do, go to work then come back n either miss the sale or the fact the server is still down.
So yes I have it all right. Valve can do these things but wont. Have you seen how fat Gabe has gotten over the years? He eating good n company making Billions but cant fix simple server issues, that sums it all up.
Whooooosh.

The sales are usually on for a week or so, so I really pity the kind of work you do! :O :O :O :O
You should really learn to quote hahaha.

I got it all right. Valve has had issues with their servers for yrs, its not new.
I've had my account since 2009 and yes, everyone is waiting on that first hour of the sale to start clicking away.
Yes, the web servers collapse for maybe 5-30 minutes.
No, game servers do not crash.
Yes, you can wait for maybe half an hour to get to the sale.
No, I'm not a Valve employee.
Yes, I do believe it is acceptable to wait half an hour maybe twice a year when the big sales are out.
No, I have not ever had any issues playing a game because of this.
Yes, it's true, you sound like one of those millennials.

Back