STOP 0x00000024 - nothing I've tried works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2, when out of the blue my PC rebooted during use and brought up the Blue Screen of Death, with error 0x00000024.

Very quickly; it reads.

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut dpwn to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentatino or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Techinical information

*** STOP: 0x000000024 (0X00190203,0x86755A28, 0xc0000102,0x00000000)"

After looking over the forums, I've tried the following;

- I've tried downloading Knoppix and burning the ISO to two CDs, but in each case, the PC says "Selected boot device not available - strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility" I think that this is probably just an error with the way that I wrote the *.iso files.

- I've tried using the Windows XP disk to Repair the installation, but once I select Repair, it freezes whilst is says "0 at 0Id on bus 0 at atapi...".

On top of this I've tried all the diagnostic tests on the Utility partition, which it passes. I have university work due in next Monday that I've been working on like three months or something daft with no back ups (the more fool me), that's due in on Monday, so I could really do with keeping the data on the HDD in tact.

Does anyone have any idea as to how I could remedy this?

Now, there's an error with teh partitions, as there's 235 Gb in an unpartitioned section.

I'm just trying a fresh install of Windows, but I've got two partitioned areas and two non-partitioned areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back