STOP 0x0000007F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
still confused with those BSOD... as they came around every day on different PC's..
Still reading and have no idea, what to do: to return to waranty or try get out of mind? :D As I cannot remove any parts from my laptop (I think so..) to test it.
So, now I have Vista on TOSHIBA laptop and usually get a 0x0000007F error. Two minidumps attached. Thanks.

P.S. it now occurs ussually when I try to scan disk with AVAST... but I read this error is related with symantec.. maybe I should use those recomendations?

One of your minidumps cites memory corruption.

Do a Memtest on your RAM:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download their latest ISO version and burn to a CD. It is a free utility.

2. Place CD in drive and reboot. The test will take over.

3. Let the test run for a minimum of 7 Passes (8 individual tests per Pass). This takes a long time but well worth it. Many people start it before going to bed and check it the next morning. It is completely safe.

4. If you have any errors you have corrupted memory that must be replaced. Also, with errors run the test per stick of RAM (remove one and run the test; switch) to determine how many sticks are bad.

* Get back to us with the results.

Memtest86+ v2.11. Already pass 9. Errors 0...
should I take a look in configuration and choose smth different than default?
if step3 passes do I need to go to step4? :)

(I'm not sure what is DMI Memmory Device info and if the second S2 should be mapped to: No mapping (Interleaved Device))

maybe the problem is that the sfc's found errors? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back