STOP ERROR: Page Fault in nonpaged Area *Help please*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of this particular problem I've been having for some time now:

After a fresh installation of WinXP (Build 2600) and ServicePack 2, everything works fine for a few days. (I can install all the necesary hardware drivers and applications I'm going to use)

After that, everytime I install ANY software that installs its own driver, or modifies any driver/file inside the windows folder, I get the STOP ERROR: Page Fault in nonpaged Area immediately after windows boots up.

Its so ridiculous, that las night, I installed the lates version of windows messenger (Live messenger) and I restarted the PC just to check, and there it was; the same error.

So I can't install ANYTHING that just slightly modifies a windows drive without getting this error.

The only solutions I have found are: Running system recovery in safe mode (Which removed the app I just installed, so its not a good one), and booting up in safe mode, and Re-installing ServicePack 2 over the installation I already had. (I have to re-install service pack 2 now, after every application I install, in order to keep it)

My guess is that when I reinstall SP2, it overwrites the modified files to thier original form, and thus windows can boot up. But this can't be normal, how can windows be so sensible to a few file/driver changes?

Is my version of windows the culprit? I have been getting this same error with my last 2 PCs (and have installed the same version of windows and SP2 on both)

I don't think its a hardware problem, since my current PC is Brand New:

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
Athlon 64 4400+ X2
Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 2GB DDR400
eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO PCI Express 256MB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3300622A 300GB
Antec TruePower 2.0 TP-II 550 550W PSU
Sould Blaster Audigy 7.1

And I had the exact same proble with my old PC which had totally different hardware (Nothing was recycled to my current PC)

Any Ideas?
By reinstalling SP2 over and over, am I corrupting newer drivers used by sound/ video card?
What can I do to pinpoint the problem?

Thanks!

Anyone??

Last night I installed a game (Stubbs the Zombie), after the install, the system asked me to re-boot. I did, and hello! there it was again; The BSOD with the same STOP ERROR: Page Fault in nonpaged Area

In fact, I can't install anything that requires a system restart without getting the BSOD afterwards.

WTH if going on? Am I the only one experiencing this problem.

Again, I repeat that re-installing ServicePack 2 is the only way to fix it.
(But should windows allow me to reinstall SP2 over and over and over again?)
Won't this damage the system somehow?

Please someone reply.

Oh, and I don't have a "Minidump" Folder. Its just not there. (C:\Windows\Minidump)

I unchecked the Hide Protected system files in the folder options, and searched the entire hard drive, and didn't find a trace of this folder.

Any Ideas?

Is my version of windows the culprit? I have been getting this same error with my last 2 PCs (and have installed the same version of windows and SP2 on both)
If your XP CD is scratched up, then some files maybe corrupt. You can make a XP installation disk that has SP2 integrated. Download BartPE, and follow the instructions from the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back