Strange problem I cant figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so my monitor will "flash black", basically it cuts video signal for between .5 and 3 seconds then it is back. during that time, the OS seems to be frozen as well. It does not happen in games, mainly while I am browsing the web or watching videos/dvds. Occasionally it will restart, but not often. I tried searching google for answers which lead me to some other forum and the thread said to get MicroWorld AntiVirus (mwav) It found a file called Video ActiveX Trojan. Googling THAT i found this site. So I followed your guide on what to do, and i did it but NONE of the programs found anything for me to clean. And MicroWorld wouldn't let me clean with it (have to purchase)

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

My system is (no overclocking):
Asus Striker Extreme
E6750
2GB Corsair XMX2 DDR2-8500
XFX GeForce 7950GT (Softmod to Quadro FX3500)
2x DVD-RW
5x Western Digital HDs (various size total = 1760GB)
WinXP Pro SP2

Your HijackThis log looks clean (No Virus/Malware) Although lots of programs starting!

Anyway, this fault may be related to your Monitor/Display, I've seen it many times on LCD Displays, and is a sign of hardware error in the display.

actually I just realized that update 4 is out. Do not uninstall previous versions

This new release will overwrite previous installations and automatically update browsers to use this new release. The configuration files and program files folder used by Java Web Start have changed, but all your settings will remain intact after the upgrade, since Java Web Start will translate your settings to the new form.

Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 4 First Customer Ship

Simply enter your operating system and check agree to terms of service. Select ok
Then click directly on the file to download
This downloads the installer (hopefully to your desktop)
Locate and double click the installer jre-6u4-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe (or whichever installer you chose)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back