Stuck "x" key

Doug8765

Hi -
My wife's laptop has a sticky "x" key. If it was a laptop then I could switch in another keyboard. The key works, a little, but is quite annoying. Are there standard tricks to fixing this?

Thanks so much.

a HAMMER ? :sigh: Sorry for the cheap joke at your expense, but this happens all the time with laptops.
A roommate has the 'M' all over the place immediately upon logon (sometimes during messing up the pwd).

Plan on a trip to the PC Repair Shop :(

Hi -
My wife's laptop has a sticky "x" key. If it was a laptop then I could switch in another keyboard. The key works, a little, but is quite annoying. Are there standard tricks to fixing this?

Thanks so much.
Your question is worded incorrectly I believe. You say your wifes laptop has a sticky "x" key & then you say if it was a laptop. Do you mean its a desktop or ???
If it is a desktop, wash it in the dishwasher

Laptop keyboards can be washed in a dishwasher too, but they need more time to dry and they have to be removed and re-installed

You're welcome,
laptop keyboards also have a plastic membrane or insulator that tends to hold water longer. Shaking both desktop and laptop keyboards is good thing to do to get the excess water out, then let them sit upside down on a cloth or paper towel for a day or two

My wife has found that spell-check volunteers an 'x' when she needs one. If we're patient sooner or later we get an 'x'. My son suggests we add an external keyboard. Not read for that one, yet.

Thanks.

Doug

Back