Survey finds Google, Sony world's most reputable companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

A study conducted by Reputation Institute suggests that Google, Sony, and Walt Disney are the top three most reputable companies in the world. The survey included 600 of the world's largest companies around the globe and spanned many industries – from tech giants like Microsoft (who ranked 11) to beverage brands like Coke (placed 25).

Around half of the top 10 companies on the list are technology-oriented, but that's to be expected, according to Dr. Charles Fombrun, chairman of Reputation Institute. "Technology has a powerful grip on the global rankings," says Fombrun. "Companies like Google, Sony, Apple, Nokia, Intel, and Microsoft have earned our trust and respect because they are all-pervasive solution-providers that affect our daily lives."

Along with a list of the 28 most reputable companies, the report highlights the top five brands for Asia, Central Europe, Central and South America, North America, and Northern Europe. Besides Google, Sony, and Walt Disney, BMW, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, and Singapore Airlines are all reoccurring names across regions.

Permalink to story.

I fail to understand the purpose of such a study. But regardless I'd like to know who's most 'reputable' if you filter out the non-technology related companies (I realize that will probably be outside the scope of this website). Also what is the definition of reputable in regards to this study?

How is Apple reputable. Anyone who knows anything about apple knows they are closer to infamous than famous

And IKEA is complete garbage incompatible to anyone over 5'8"

Matthew said:
:) I'd wager that the average consumer doesn't even know who Asus is -- at least in the US.

The average consumer doesn't know anything about anything that isn't advertised on TV. "Who is this Kingston? EMachines? AlienWare? What does this 'MSI' stand for?" Most average consumers don't even know the difference between AMD and Intel. Of course, this all depends on your definition of the 'average' consumer.

I would never have put Sony on that list or certainly not high on a list like that.

What, do you pay for your position on the list? I can understand them falling for Google, but Sony?!

Honey I enlarged the furniture.......

And IKEA is complete garbage incompatible to anyone over 5'8"

:haha: that explains it! i used to be 5'8, but since I turned 40 IKEA started working for me.

Its reputable, as in, how recognizable they are. You know, how many people would actually recognize them, not how good their products are. Sony is very recognizable all around the world. So is Google. Plain and simple.

And this is the reason companies like Sony never stop price fixing, root kitting computers and all other shady business practices. The average person(not average nerd) just doesn't know very much about the companies they buy things from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back