svchost.exe Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafamily

Sometimes whenever I boot up my computer, I get this problem:

svchost.exe - Application Error

"The instruction at "0x7c91D5f8" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "read".

And after that whenever I play something that has sound, it won't play it, or it won't play it without sound, or, it saids I have a "Bad Sound Driver".

This problem occurs every once in a while, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Does anybody know how to fix this???

Without knowing any information about your pc its imopssible to diagnose your problem!!!

There is a good page HERE Read it for the details.

A summary -

Svchost.exe is a host process for other network related processes.
One of which is bringing down the whole shiboodle.

The fixes that worked for ppl,

1."I just resolved my issue by turning off automatic updates, reboot, then manually going to
windows updates and installing the updates, turing on automatic updates, reboot."

Or

2."When I fully uninstalled HP printer software,then ran CCleaner and reinstalled only
a limited driver (not the whole crappy HP software suite), things were fine."

3.Disable the SENS service.It "Tracks system events such as Windows logon, network, and power events.
Notifies COM+ Events. Windows Automatic updates and syncing of mobile devices won`t work.

Or

4.Disable Windows image acquisition service (WIA).Related to scanners and cameras.
Check for updates to scanner/printer drivers.Particularly HP drivers.

Or

5."Tried lots of things including changing sound card and network cards.The problem has
stopped.Don`t know what cured it"

I'm going to start with the first one and see how it goes, so how do you turn off the automatic updates?

Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/System/Automatic Updates/ select turn off updates.

All those ideas are easily googleable.

If you have any HP equipment/drivers,that`s the most likely one.

Are you the administrator of the computer ?

The panel should look something like this

AutoUpdates.jpg

You could try turning off the Automatic Updates service -

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services/right click Automatic Updates/disable.

As mentioned earlier disabling the SENS service also stops Automatic updates,indirectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back