System Crash while playing games (without Graphics Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_chowdhury

I have a 256 MB 400 FSB DDR RAM installed in one RAM slot. I have 40 GB Western Digital PATA HDD, intel 865 Desktop Board and WIN XP SP2 intalled. I have an old Graphics card. SIS 300 with 32 MB memory. When the graphics
card is inserted, and functional, Directx diagonistics says that I have 254 MB physical memory. My machine does not crash, but I can not run most of the games and multimedia apps because it is so slow. So I use the on board video. The games starts well in this case and until the system crashes, it runs excellent. But eventually 90% time it crashes after paying 4-5 mins. In case of the on board video, Direcx Diag shows that the physical memory size is 238 MB. But nothing else is changed and all other applications runs OK. Its specially the high graphics games, sometimes low graphics games that suffer. Once it happend while running quicktime player.

The system restarts showing a blue screen of "core dump memory". It happens specially in case of games like Fifa 2005, Ford Racing 3 etc. I have checked the system requirements and it agrees with my system, still the problem persists. Even today this happened while running age of empires 2, though it is mentioned in your game compatibility site. Reformating the system is fruitless.

I am attaching herewith my recent two physical memory core dump files
and my system information collected from DXDIAG. The informations here
are all using onboard intel extreme graphics 2. Apart from these
hardwares, I have a LG CD-Writer, a Frontech Speaker (440 Watts), a
samsung 15' monitor, a Sony FDD, a Frontech SMPS. Nothing else is
attached with the system.

Attachments

• DXDIAG.TXT
    45.8 KB · Views: 6
  • MINI12~1.zip
    53.3 KB · Views: 16
256mg.of RAM is on the low side for XP...when you add gaming to the mix it gets dicier.
Have you considered more RAM and a vid card with at least 128mg. of RAM ? ?
That should help youre gaming experience.

patio. 8)

Cli_fault

Hi,

One minidump is crashed with CLI_FAULT. Probably it is faulty motherboard.

Latest update
I've just got a private message and confirm that a similar problem of CLI_FAULT is resolved by replacing the PSU.

Hi r_chowdhury,

I get two confirmed case relating CLI_FAULT. One case is related to faulty ram and one case is related to faulty PSU.

I am having a similar problem regarding graphics. My computer crashes after a little while with Age of Empires 1 I tunes 3d cover viewer, WMP11 running DVDs and even The 3dpipes screen saver. This is ridiculous the way I see it. I have a Radeon Express 200 series with 1 gig of RAM. I suspect overheating and my BIOS says system fan 0%

What do you think?

Open a new thread

Hi Michael,

Open a new thread for a new problem unless you have some suggestion for the original problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back