system crashes might be related to viruses and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwolfang

Computer Crashes i think its related to my video card please help

my computer crashes when i start things like games and even windows media player and sometimes just the internet. most of the time the screen will flash black then right before it crashes the screen no matter what im doing will have checkerd colors on the screen hard to describe sometimes it goes where my mouse goes sometimes it fills the whole screen red green mainly then it freezes and i have to restart. Also sometimes the screen will act like the computer shutoff and i cant get it back on have to restart. I had some virus ect. problems before thought i got rid of them and i think they might have something to do with this im not sure i dont know much about computers. please help if you can

heres my HJT log,

Hi,

Your video drivers may be faulty or corrupted after the the cleanup of your system. I see nothing wrong with your log, so I suspect it may not be malware related. Try downloading and re-installing your video card drivers.

I've moved your thread to the Audio and Video section as your problems would seem more relevant here. I believe our other members here would have more experience and knowledge in dealing with this.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of darkwolfang only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i uninstalled and reinstalled my video card it didnt seem to work it still crashes and freezes when i play games and randomly when im doing stuff. I still think it is the video card im not sure. its a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700VE its not my orginal one ive had it in for a year or so and its worked fine. any other advice that might help would be apreciated

momok, was saying to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. uninstalling and reinstalling the card proper without the drivers being uninstalled will not help anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back