System Locale messed up

Hello,

I have been using an English (US) system locale with my PC (Win10).

But I had to change it into Japanese for a while.

The system seems to work really well except...

Recently I noticed that the directories have the Yen sign instead of backlash.
It is quite odd since my backlash keys do not type yen (just the good old backlash sign).

I actually have been dealing with some software problems that I thought trivial. But I am now speculating that those programs cannot find directories because the programs or the system do/does not recognize backlash or yen anymore. So whenever I need to do some work with directories, programs do not run or errors pop up.

I really need Japanese system locale to recognize writings myself. If I change the locale back to English. Mojibake (broken letters and gibberish) shows up unless I change them manually (I.e. typiing Japanese).

I know how to work with MS AppLocale but that does not solve the problem.

There are thousands of information online but there has been no definite solution to mine.

Here is what I am asking: Setting up the system in a way it recognizes Japanese together with the English Locale.

Thank you in advance.
MockT.

*P.S. - I do have all the font supplements and preferences to work with Japanese and English.
*P.S. - restarting PC with a text file in Japanese on the Desktop does not solve it either.

The Locale is a system setting and yes it sets a default language code, but a website or an application that needs another setting does not need a corresponding change in locale.

Put the system back into English and then resolve the application language problem.

Back