T-Mobile will pay for half of your Pixel 2 if you switch from Verizon

William Gayde

Staff

Verizon may be the exclusive carrier of Google's new Pixel 2 smartphone in the US but Big Red isn't your only option.

Not wanting to be outdone, T-Mobile is offering a pretty sweet deal if you transfer service and bring your phone over to its network. For a limited time, the Uncarrier will give customers a $325 pre-paid Mastercard gift card if they join with their existing Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL phone.

CEO John Legere said in a statement that "they [Verizon] claim the Pixel is ‘exclusive’—just like they claim to have a better network. I’m here to tell you it’s all BS!"

The offer amounts to half the retail price of a 64GB Pixel 2 on Google's web store. In order to be eligible, you must be the original owner of the phone. This means that devices from third-party sites such as eBay or Craigslist do not qualify. Customers can port their number over or sign up for a new service package on the T-Mobile ONE unlimited plan. This plan is $70/month with taxes and fees included.

Existing T-Mobile customers can get the same deal by adding an additional line to their current unlimited plan. Both T-Mobile and Verizon have offered similar cash-back programs in the past. For Pixel 2 customers unhappy with their Verizon service, this deal looks hard to beat.

Permalink to story.

Way to go big T. If you can't eliminate the competition without racking up a genocidal amount of corpses without raising suspicion, a well placed kick to the groin will have to suffice... for the time being.

"Want a Pixel 2"

nope. Even at half price, it is still an overprices nexus in pixel clothing with a missing headphone jack and too short software support lifetime.

"Want a Pixel 2"

nope. Even at half price, it is still an overprices nexus in pixel clothing with a missing headphone jack and too short software support lifetime.
and the best camera ever created in a smartphone
Until the next best camera in a smartphone comes along in three months. Mobile hardware doesnt stay on top for long.

If I want a good camera, Im gonna buy a good camera, not an overpriced phone with a mid range (at best, compared to actual professional cameras) camera in it. Bonus points, I dont need to replace a standalone camera every 2 years.

Also, can I use that camera to listen to music with my current headphones wile also charging? No? Well then that doesn't fix the issue, does it?

Last edited:
"give customers a $325 pre-paid Mastercard gift card"

Why not just cut 325$ from the phone bill? Clearly they charge too much when they can do this. Only people who don't understand money or have mental issues will fall for scams like this. Shame you have such crappy laws over there.

Except buying a Pixel from Verizon is stupid in the first place. Verizon encrypts their boot loaders. F that.

Back