Talktalk using shady sales tactics?

deanlaing12

We have an I-plate with the built in filter that splits the phone from dsl connection on the master socket (Only socket) in our home.

Our internet modem dsl light has been flickering and the internet turns off. The ISP claims they have no part in the fault but I doubt it. They are talktalk. (Read my theory below)

I have taken the I-plate off and attached an old filter into the test socket. Everything is working fine with full speed. (The I-plate is useless since we have 1 socket in our home)

Questions!

Why did TalkTalk engineers install this unreliable piece of hardware?
If I had more sockets in the house, I would not be able to set up the modem at other sockets, right? (With the I-plate on) because the phone is split from internet at direct entry?
Am I the only one experiencing a lot of faulty filters? Or do they just tend to break down after about 6 months?
Is it illegal or against any rules to take the I-plate off and re-install our previous one? (It does not require removing or adjusting any cables directly, only un-clipping the plate and replacing it with our old one.
Is it a good idea to just revert to what we had before and pay for crappy micro filters that are much cheaper?

THEROY:

I believe Talktalk installed one of these I-plates that are un-reliable and will break pretty quickly.
I believe that Talktalk want us to complain about it until they send and engineer out to replace it and force us to pay for another piece of dodgy hardware.
I believe Talktalk is milking our money.

I think your right Dean, talktalk has not been honest in the past, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they were doing so again.

Unfortunely some companies are like that, shady.

~Alex

Back