Inactive Task Mgr and all installs crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordon

Hey guys, having an issue with my programs crashing, and its getting to the point of utter and complete irritation. I did go onto the MalwareBytes site, dl'd the latest version just fine, but whenever I go to install it (or any other program), setup pops up for a microsecond and goes away almost as fast. I have noticed this behavior with Task Manager and MSConfig as well. Just got finished trying to even boot in safe mode, but I'm not sure how to do it lol. tried F8, F4, F2, F6, and the boot menu options. Not entirely sure what you want me to do at this point, so I will stop this post for now, let me know if you need me to do anything. Thanks in advance!

Jordon

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.com My name is Dave. I will be helping you out with your particular problem on your computer.
1. I will be working on your Malware issues. This may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.
2. The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
3. If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to ask.
4. Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans while I am helping you.
5. It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
6. Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
7. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs. You will also have to transfer the logs you receive back to the good computer using the same method until we can get the computer back on-line.
What exactly do you mean by crashing? Are you receiving a Blue Screen?

Not a BSOD...I click the taskbar/ctrl+alt+delete to bring up task manager window...it doesn't come up, it just basically flashes and my toolbar shows like it was active and closed. Computer does this for all installs as well, ie, trying to install other antivirus programs before I got on this site was unsuccessful, same issue...setup screen flashes and goes away instantly.

Also does this for MSConfig window.

Please download and run the below tool named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) which may help allow other programs to run.
Save Rkill to your desktop.
There are 7 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.

Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as Administrator
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
* Rkill.exe
* Rkill.com
* Rkill.scr
* WiNlOgOn.exe
* uSeRiNiT.exe
* iExplore.exe
* eXplorer.exe

Downloaded it, and got one of them to do a scan...log here:

Rkill 2.6.7 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 06/25/2014 02:14:23 PM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* Windows Firewall (MpsSvc) is not Running.
Startup Type set to: Disabled

* Security Center (wscsvc) is not Running.
Startup Type set to: Disabled

* Windows Firewall Authorization Driver (mpsdrv) is not Running.
Startup Type set to: Manual

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* No issues found.

Program finished at: 06/25/2014 02:15:06 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 0 minute(s), and 42 seconds(s)

Still unable to open windows services I mentioned above

Please download Farbar Service Scanner to the desktop and run it on the computer with the issue.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Make sure FRST is run under administrator privileges.
Make sure that the Whitelist section is checked.Otherwise, the log will be very long.
You Security programs may prevent the tool from running. If this happens, disable the security program until the scan is completed.
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press "Scan".

• It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Please run this even if you don't have the Windows 7 disk
To Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 7
1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. To Scan and Repair System Files
NOTE: Scans the integrity of all protected system files and repairs the system files if needed.
A) In the elevated command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: This may take some time to finish.
2327d1231529432t-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker-command-1.jpg

B) Go to step 4.
3. To Only Verify if the System Files are Corrupted
NOTE: Scans and only verifies the integrity of all proteced system files only.
A) In the elevated command prompt, type sfc /verifyonly and press Enter.
4. When the scan is complete, hopefully you will see all is ok like the screenshot below.

NOTE: If not, then you can attempt to run a System Restore using a restore point dated before the bad file occured to fix it. You may need to repeat doing a System Restore until you find a older restore point that may work.
2328d1231529438t-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker-finished.jpg

5. When done, close the elevated command prompt.

Check, and got that running...did not have any issues with files on that, looks just like the SS on bottom.

Doesn't give an error message, all it literally does is flash on the screen and goes away instantly, just like the issues with task manager and msconfig. :-\...I did get it to somewhat do a scan, not the 2nd request of it though...here's the results of that:

Farbar Service Scanner Version: 10-06-2014
Ran by Jordon (administrator) on 25-06-2014 at 18:15:12
Running from "C:\Users\Jordon\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 3 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.

Other Services:
==============

File Check:
========
C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcore.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => File is digitally signed

**** End of log ****

basically, I had my mouse on the spot where start scan would pop and clicked it as soon as it came up...and that is the log for it...before it disappeared again

This doesn't appear to be a problem with malware. It sound more like a corrupt or missing file. If you have the OS disk or a recovery console you can do a repair.

Ok, I'll try that, not sure if this closes the thread or not but thank you very much for your help regardless! Lived up to your name, thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back