taskbar icon size

Status
Not open for further replies.
my taskbar icons are too large, but not in the start menu or on the desktop, i changed the view to large, then back to small and they're still too big

I'm not expecting much here, but try display properties, appearance tab, press advanced. Then the two items 'Active Title Bar' (should be size 20 font Trebuchet MS) and 'Active Window Border' (should be 1). Then on the Settings tab, press advanced and check the General tab there, and DPI sttting should be 'normal size 96dpi'

I have never come across anything directly controlling the size of icons in the task bar, so you should really suspect some rather silly virus has been caught

Windows XP? Or another Windows platform?

If it is XP:

You can set the Quick Launch bar icon size to either Large or Small. Right-click an empty area on the Task bar and un-check Lock the Taskbar option. Now, right-click exactly on the Quick Launch drag handle and select View menu. You can choose between the two options namely Large Icons and Small Icons. Once selected the required option, Lock the taskbar again.

If this is not helping then you can download the free "Tweak UI" powertool for XP and "repair icons" or simply change the settings with ease. You can get it from: HERE

Hope this helps!

No, i've done all this already and i thought maybe there was an alternative...i'm not having problems with anything but specifically the application buttons being to big, and the icons grouped with the time that are too large [and yes i'm using xp]
desktop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back