TED Conversations: an intelligent Q&A platform launches

Emil

Staff

Technology Entertainment and Design (TED), a global set of conferences curated by the American private non-profit Sapling Foundation, has launched TED Conversations. TED speakers, TED Translators, TED Fellows, TEDx hosts, and TED staff are all active on the site.

TED Conversations fall under three categories: Questions, Debates, and Ideas. Unsurprisingly, they can be linked to specific TEDTalks on TED.com and can be tagged and searched for by subject.

TED Conversations have an expiration date: just as TEDTalks are limited to 18 minutes or less, TED Conversations are set to last one day, one week, or one month. When you start a conversation, you also decide when it will end; afterward, you can summarize the discussion with a closing statement.

"We're thrilled to announce today the launch of TED Conversations, a new social platform on TED.com that connects people for conversation, collaboration and debate," a TED spokesperson said in a statement. "TED Conversations was designed and built from the ground up to foster meaningful conversation among the global community who watch, share and discuss TEDTalks. Anyone who participates in online communities will find the interface familiar and intuitive."

Permalink to story.

Ive been following Ted since 2008 and i must say that i have got a lot of inspiration to my daily life. There are tons of productive talks on any topic. 100% recommendable

ted.com

Really? I wonder if it was the 18 "TED"s that were floating around the article, plus the one in the title and the graphic. When I close my eyes for sleep tonight, i'll see "TED" floating around everywhere :(

But anyway, I found the videos on the site pretty interesting. Might be visiting every once in a while to check the rest of it out.

You guys should check out the uTorrent TED app :) Download the latest uTorrent and click on "apps' on the left hand side.

I wanTED to stop visiting TED, and watching all the TED videos, but I couldn't stop. There were so many TEDs in this article that my brain kept telling me to go back. TED this and TED that. TED all day long. I will forever be haunTED by TED. And now captainawesome tells us that there is a TED app for uTorrent. The last thing I wanTED was more TED to come into my wasTED life. I confronTED my TED addiction, but got nowhere with it. I had to give my friend a belaTED birthday card because I was so busy watching TED videos that I forgot about him. Don't let TED ruin your life, people. Don't be tempTED by the great TED. You very well could get arresTED for watching TED on your phone while driving down the highway. We shall become uniTED and fight against the great TED addiction.

Ok, i'm gonna stop here. My plan to drive others insane seems to be backfiring, lol. Seriously, I'm going to be up all night thinking of words that end with "TED". Where's those darn sleeping pills when I need them...

Back