The Best Tablets 2023: Affordable and Practical Computing

I will never buy a spydroid tablet. Google has corrupted the purpose of Linux. I'll either buy an iPad or an actual tablet that runs Linux, but those are few and when you find one it usually has lower end hardware.

There are Linux phones and custom versions of android, once my Samsung S21+ dies I'll be moving over to, ironically, a Google pixel that I can put a custom rom on.

I hate the mobile space as far as software is concerned. Everything is designed to limit your control, collect your data and force you into micro transactions.

Amir Shoam said:
The iPad Pro 11" is the best tablet available on the market.

I would strongly argue against that. There are lots of better alternatives and cheaper while having even better specs. And no...M chips didn't really take over the world.

I would strongly argue against that. There are lots of better alternatives and cheaper while having even better specs. And no...M chips didn't really take over the world.

Don't leave us hanging. Give examples of alternatives with cheaper price and better specs/performance.

M's raw performance is still unbeatable by competitor. That's a fact you can't deny. If I want to buy something as expensive, I prefer iPad Pro M all the way for longevity.

Most users won't even notice or need the M's horsepower, but like the article said, if you do heavy productivity like digital art (like me), M chips are indeed something else.

I have had my Pro for about a year now, and I have to admit, nothing
builds confidence like showing off a 13 incher!

giphy.gif

Bought a Pixel Tablet 5 days ago. Very happy with it, despite my general dislike of Google services (including having disabled Chrome for Firefox).

The big issue in the US is that some apps that should be compatible, aren't - at least officially. Hulu, Peacock and Disney+ came up with the "looking for this app? It's not supported on your device"...

...except they are. Peacock simply lists and Android device running v6.0 or newer, but it wouldn't let me install it via the Play store. Sideloading, however, got it to install without issue and it works perfectly and fullscreen (rather than in phone mode, which Facebook definitely does). And I've now got the option to update those apps via the Play store. Doesn't make any sense to me.

It's far from perfect but the screen is very nice and it does everything I expect from it. Very happy with it at, though I think at full price it's too expensive. With the discount to $400 ($422 for me including sales tax) I'm very happy with it.

International pricing though big problem. Even with the discount in the UK it's £500 for 128GB. I paid the equivalent of £337 including UK VAT. It's a terrible purchase there. Australia isn't so bad, Harvey Norman has it for AUD$547, down AUD$351. That seems reasonable for it.

The main problem is that Google's idea of International pricing is far worse for anyone not in the US than pretty much any other tech company selling hardware. It's a tough sell outside of the US.

The biggest issue going with anything, but Apple is that you lose years of updates. Apple usually provides 6 years of updates, good luck getting that with Android.

Back