The dreaded 6600 help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell insperon 4600 and it came with a GeForce 5200. i just bought a PNY GeForce 6600 i uninstalled the drivers for my old card and placed my new one in i didnt plug in the power cords that came with it. the fan runs and the computer turns on but the monitor just stays blank. please help!

So that's the cable that came with it?
Ok, if I remember correctly there should be a multi-coloured cable down the side of your PSU(you hope) probably tucked away, not connected to anything. you plug the black 6 pin connection into your card and one of the 3 pin plugs into this cable. If this cable is not there tell me. btw this SHOULD be in your manual and it probably can explain better than me.

I forgot to mention, and I hate to say this, but a 250w PSU with that card could be a recipe for disaster. I've got a 305w one for this 6800GT and it's barely cutting it. Can you tell me your PSU manufacturer?

Check the temperature of the card. i'm just kind of worried about that 250w psu, but like I said I've only got a 305w one and I haven't blown up yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back