The FCC Wants to Improve Internet Access, Here’s How to Help

learninmypc

How fast is your internet? If you aren’t sure, you can always perform a speed test through Ookla. But what if checking your speeds could lead to improvements down the road? That’s what the FCC is (almost) promising, as it asks people to voluntarily check speeds with the FCC app on iOS and Android. FULL ARTICLE

How fast is your internet? If you aren’t sure, you can always perform a speed test through Ookla. But what if checking your speeds could lead to improvements down the road? That’s what the FCC is (almost) promising, as it asks people to voluntarily check speeds with the FCC app on iOS and Android. FULL ARTICLE
I used Ookla once and I can say it actually works pretty well. In fact, I could even say it works better than many of its competitors.

I recently changed isp's and Ookla was a good program to use to determine whether it's the site that your streaming or down loading from that's slow or if it's your isp. My service provides a wi-fi connection and Ookla shows me different servers that are available for me to use and see if I get a better signal from. But my wi-fi is throttled at 25mps, so it's a good program to use to make sure I'm getting the speed I'm paying for, But if I want a faster signal it's another $20.00 to boost up to 35mps.

Back