The new Nvidia Titan X is now available for $1,200

Scorpus

Staff member

Announced two weeks ago in what was a surprise to many, the Nvidia Titan X is now available directly from Nvidia for a grand total of $1,200. Not to be confused with the old Maxwell-based GeForce GTX Titan X, this new Titan X packs a huge Pascal GP102 GPU for 11 TFLOPs of single-precision compute performance.

Specifications list the Titan X as having 3,584 CUDA cores clocked up to 1,530 MHz, along with 12 GB of GDDR5X memory on a 384-bit bus clocked at 10 GHz for 480 GB/s of bandwidth. Built using a 16nm manufacturing process, this new card packs a TDP of 250 watts, which is the same as its Titan X predecessor.

With such a hefty price tag, the new Titan X is designed primarily for single-precision compute applications rather than gaming. However some gaming benchmarks have made their way to the web, suggesting the Titan X is around 25-35 percent faster than the already-powerful GeForce GTX 1080 at 4K.

As of the time of publishing, the Titan X is currently out of stock on Nvidia's official store, which is the only place to purchase this powerful graphics card. If you managed to order a Titan X, or if Nvidia releases a fresh batch of stock, be sure to grab the new GeForce 369.05 drivers that add support for the Titan X.

Permalink to story.

A mere $1200 for a gaming graphics card? Now that's what I'd call "great value for money" I can see them flying off the shelves at a rate of knots.

A mere $1200 for a gaming graphics card? Now that's what I'd call "great value for money" I can see them flying off the shelves at a rate of knots.

I thought the same for the MSI 1080 GTX SEAHAWK. It lists at 999.99 at my local microcenter and they always sell out within 2 hours of receiving a shipment. Shows you how far enthusiasts will go to prove their e-peen is bigger than their friends.

I thought the same for the MSI 1080 GTX SEAHAWK. It lists at 999.99 at my local microcenter and they always sell out within 2 hours of receiving a shipment. Shows you how far enthusiasts will go to prove their e-peen is bigger than their friends.

Bigger di*k, bigger wallet, bigger graphics.

Seems like a real super video card. Wish I could get one. Then again I only have to wait like a year when prices are forced to go down

Seems like a real super video card. Wish I could get one. Then again I only have to wait like a year when prices are forced to go down
Well, probably more than a year, like maybe after the next 2 card generations are out.

I'm going to see how much I can sell my Titan X for on Ebay. If I get enough for it, I'll buy the newer model.

thing is, The card's already a beast and more card than anyone needs unless you are running 3 monitors and a 4K TV like I do.

Here's the thing: they shoulda given it a new name.

I'm going to see how much I can sell my Titan X for on Ebay. If I get enough for it, I'll buy the newer model.

thing is, The card's already a beast and more card than anyone needs unless you are running 3 monitors and a 4K TV like I do.

Here's the thing: they shoulda given it a new name.
Well now, they couldn't exactly call it the "Titan Triple X", now could they? 'Cause that's way overkill for even 4K p0rn.

Back