The page cannot be displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindy

Every time that i go into the web and i need to access additional link i get the message "the page cannot be displayed" and i don't know whats going on. Can anyone help me.

firewall restrictions?

do you have a firewall installed ?

you may have to configure your firewall to accept an indirect cookie...

meatologist
Thanks for the quick reply I'm new to the computer game and I'm not sure if i have a firewall??? And i'm not sure about conf the cookies. Can you help me farther.

Lindy

Lindy said:
meatologist
Thanks for the quick reply I'm new to the computer game and I'm not sure if i have a firewall??? And i'm not sure about conf the cookies. Can you help me farther.

Lindy
If you dont have a firewall, then your issue may be due to Spyware on your PC. Spyware is an annoyance that plagues this super highway that you're plugged into as we speak...

some spyware stops your net connection - or changes your internet settings....or just causes plain havoc with your machine....

If you do not have a firewall or any internet security, then turn your computer off and go the the nearest PC retailer and purchase some well needed protection...or alternatively download a free firewall application, like ZoneAlarm...

www.zonealarm.com

You can also run a free Spyware checker from the zonealarm website....

CHECK FOR INTERNET SECURITY PROGRAMS:

Take a look in Start, All Programs
Look for anything that may resemble an anti-virus or security program like Norton or McAfee

They may be called Norton Internet Security or McAfee Internet Security Suite...

If you bought this PC new, then it may have been pre-installed....

alternatively, take a look in by the system clock (usually bottom right hand corner) and just hover the mouse over the icons.....see if anything suggests anti-virus or security.

internet security is a must nowadays..... my guess is it's either Spyware or Adware or a trojan/dialer type thing.....

basically, GET SOME INTERNET SECURITY!

When you say "Additional Link" - what do you mean exactly ?

Confused

Meatologist

I looked at my programs and i have Norton Antivirus and Norton internet security. I also looked into "add and Remove Programs" And i saw Spyware Doctor, Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3, Spyware Doctor 2.1

Is all those necessary? And when i say additional links maybe the language is incorrect.... but heres what i mean Lets say i'm job hunting i go into a site ABC company i then go into employment, then i need to access job opportunities and when i click on that thats when i get "The page cannot be display

page cannot be displayed

Thanks 4 responding Poernter 1274

This happens all of the time and when i go to use a friends computer it doesn't happen so i guess its something to do with my computer. Any ideals?
Lindy

Lindy said:
Thanks 4 responding Poernter 1274

This happens all of the time and when i go to use a friends computer it doesn't happen so i guess its something to do with my computer. Any ideals?
Lindy
HI,

I would run an update on Spybot Search and Destroy and then scan your machine.

Also, run Norton and make sure that you're not infected with any Trojans.

If you have done all that and you still have problems, I would try the following:

Reinstall Internet Explorer or use another web browser.

Try downloading Firefox from the www.firefox.com website.

To reinstall Internet Explorer 6, go to the www.microsoft.com website and go top downloads.
you will find Internet Explorer 6 in the popular downloads section.

Let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back