There is a Virus Alert! in my task bar, and my homepage keeps changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is badly infected with lots of nasties, including the SmitFraud infection.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Then, go HERE and do likewise.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment. See HERE, along with the Ewido and Smitfraudfix logs(c:\Rapport.txt).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

new Hijack post

i don't see that thingy in my taskbar anymore, and my homepage has been restored, but I still do get a few spyware pop ups. Thanks so far however.

I`m sorry, but I cannot download a .doc file due to the risk of viruses etc.

Please attach your HJT log as a .txt file. Thanks.

Regards Howard :)

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

why allow all of these if you aren't going to use them all? Why not disable the ones you aren't going to use. I first tried to post the .txt file, but it said it was an invalid file type.......

Also, couldn't someone just put a virus in a .zip file, then when u unzip it...kaboom. Im not much of a computer person, but im sure it could be done. Anyway, i tried again to post the .txt file, and it said invalid file type yet again.

When you have saved the HJT log, rightclick on it and select rename. Click in the title box and type .txt and hit the enter key.

You should now be able to attach it to your post.

Why do we allow .doc files? It`s down to the site software not me. I`m just saying I won`t download a .doc file due to the risk of viruses and I don`t advise anyone else to do so either.

Yes you can have a virus in a zip file. However, you can scan the zip file before you extract it, so it`s relatively safe, if you know what you`re doing.

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards Howrard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back