This is what you need to play Saints Row in 4K@60fps

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Developer Deep Silver Volition has released the full PC specs for the Saints Row reboot. The requirements aren't too bad if you're happy with running it at 60fps in full HD, but anyone who wants to up that to 1440p or 4K will need some pretty beefy hardware, especially if you want to play it at 3,840 x 2,160.

Deep Silver Volition already revealed Saint Row's minimum PC requirements a couple of months ago. Now, it's confirmed what's needed for different resolutions/framerates.

The bare minimum 1080p@30fps asks for an aging Core i3-3240 or Ryzen 3 1200, GTX 970 or Radeon RX 480, 4GB of VRAM, and 8GB of memory. This is the only setting that allows for DirectX 11 and 50GB of hard drive space, rather than DirectX 12 and a solid-state drive.

Moving to 1080p@60fps, the CPUs jump to a Core i7-6700K or Ryzen 5 1500X, a GTX 1070 or Radeon RX 5700, 8GB of VRAM, and a surprising 12GB of RAM. It's also recommended that the 50GB of game data is stored on an SSD.

For those with a 1440p monitor who prefer 60fps or above, a Core i7-10700K or Ryzen 5 5600X, 8GB of VRAM, 16GB of RAM, and an RTX 2080 or Radeon RX 6700 XT is recommended.

Playing at 4K@60fps is obviously very demanding: a Core i5-12600 or Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3080 Ti or Radeon RX 6800 XT, 12GB of VRAM, and 16GB of RAM. Digital Foundry notes that the game struggled to maintain 60fps in 4K during the open-world sections on its RTX 3080-powered Core i7-7700K PC.

PC Gamer writes that the new Saints Row will have a host of graphical settings when it arrives, including Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion with four different presets.

A lot of eyes will be on how well Saints Row is received. There were plenty of negative reactions when fans saw the reveal. Like GTA, the series has long been known for its politically incorrect comedy and ridiculousness, which seem pretty far away from the rebooted version's hip characters. But Deep Silver Volition said it would not back down despite the hate, and the latest trailer shows the game doesn't seem to take itself too seriously.

Permalink to story.

A lot of eyes will be on how well Saints Row is recieved. There were a lot of negative reactions when fans saw the game reveal. Like GTA, the series has long been known for its politically incorrect comedy and ridiculousness, which seem pretty far away from the rebooted version's hip characters. But Deep Silver Volition said it would not back down despite the hate, and the latest trailer shows the game doesn't seem to take itself too seriously.
Yeah, I'm betting on it not being nearly as popular as the devs are hoping after they gave their fans the middle finger with this "reboot".

I certainly don't feel like rewarding this sort of BS with my money. And I did try giving their character creator a go for fun, felt meh.

That said, I do like seeing the extra effort put into showing what configurations are best suited for a target resolution/fps...

Yea I have been a fan of these games for a long time and even I am going to have to rethink if I would consider buying this dribble they are calling a new game. If this is a reboot I think it would be in their best interest to stick to a known format that has sold them millions of copies of the games in the past. This new reboot seems so "woke" it's scarey. I won't buy a game that the game dev has changed so much from the roots of a game to become the woke version so they can say hey look we are also cool we are a woke company and like forcing inclusion or whatever it's called.

To bad too I was looking forward to a new Saints game as well as GTA 6 not to sure any more on either of them. If I do buy either of these games I will wait for them to become$12.99 on either Steam or Epic store...lol I won't waste a penny more for Woke crap.

Edited:
OMG I just watched the trailer for this game for the first time & wow it's so much worse than I could have ever thought it could be. Sorry this is a fail before it is even released I would not waste even $1 on this dribble they are calling Saints. All the Strong Charactors are both Females and the guys in the group are little weak guys that seem to whine and complain about everything. Unless you can make your own Toon and bypass the female lesbian toons (nothing wrong with lesbians their life chioces) I just don't want to be forced to play as one ina game lol. I just hope GTA 6 is not this bad but I did hear you will be able to play as a female in GTA 6 but lets hope Rock star did not pull the same crap this game dev did for Saints and turn all the guys into snizzling wimps weaklings.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm betting on it not being nearly as popular as the devs are hoping after they gave their fans the middle finger with this "reboot".

I certainly don't feel like rewarding this sort of BS with my money. And I did try giving their character creator a go for fun, felt meh.

That said, I do like seeing the extra effort put into showing what configurations are best suited for a target resolution/fps...
Yeah. Even ignoring Volition giving their long time fans the finger, this new game.....look, I watched some of the gameplay, I had to turn it off. The dialog is cring inducing, almost tumblr level drivel. None of the clever writing of older games. the characters are all flat 1 note stereotypes, the insults sound like a 12 year old just learned what cuss words are. The gang asthetic that 1,2, and somewhat with 3 had is all gone, replaced with LOLRANDOM humor.

The world map is 90% empty desert. It may be "bigger", but its lifeless. Lots of the time spent playing missions is driving through desert from point a to point b, avoiding the occasional cop. The much touted customization is a mere shadow of previous games.

I just dont see any appeal. It looks like an open world version of agents of mayhem, and we all saw how well that went......Just another generic sandbox with a well known name slapped onto it for brand recognition.

Yeah. Even ignoring Volition giving their long time fans the finger, this new game.....look, I watched some of the gameplay, I had to turn it off. The dialog is cring inducing, almost tumblr level drivel. None of the clever writing of older games. the characters are all flat 1 note stereotypes, the insults sound like a 12 year old just learned what cuss words are. The gang asthetic that 1,2, and somewhat with 3 had is all gone, replaced with LOLRANDOM humor.

The world map is 90% empty desert. It may be "bigger", but its lifeless. Lots of the time spent playing missions is driving through desert from point a to point b, avoiding the occasional cop. The much touted customization is a mere shadow of previous games.

I just dont see any appeal. It looks like an open world version of agents of mayhem, and we all saw how well that went......Just another generic sandbox with a well known name slapped onto it for brand recognition.
Didn't even bother wasting my time watching the story trailer. Decided a while ago it was getting no money from me in it's current state (and with how meh the free character editor was, that feeling was reinforced).

But, taking a quick peek at it, it seems like there are at least 50% dislikes on the trailer lol

My brother mentioned this game was coming out soon and was wondering if we should get it. We liked playing Saints Row 2, 3 and 4 (even though we never finished 4, the game kept crashing during the Saints Save Xmas mission).

I watched the game play on the new release coming out and I'm not entirely sure, but I think I just got done watching a gameplay trailer of Overwatch. The characters were all very cartoonish looking and glistening (all the time, glistening) like they've been polished. The game didn't feel like a Saints Row game, it felt more like a wannabe GTA V and I wasn't impressed with GTA V. I had troubles getting through the preview trailers with the annoying narrator voice and bad dialog from the characters.

I'm going to tell my brother I'll pass on this game and that we should go back to SRIV to see if we can get through it without it constantly crashing.

"Moving to 1080p@60fps, the CPUs jump to a Core i7-6700K or Ryzen 5 1500X, a GTX 1070 or Radeon RX 5700, 8GB of VRAM, and a surprising 12GB of RAM."

Why is 12GB of ram surprising?

A gaming PC in 2022 needs to have 16GB of ram standard. Most people I know have already moved up to 32GB of ram. If you are still using 8GB of ram and expecting to be playing newer titles you are doing it wrong.

"Moving to 1080p@60fps, the CPUs jump to a Core i7-6700K or Ryzen 5 1500X, a GTX 1070 or Radeon RX 5700, 8GB of VRAM, and a surprising 12GB of RAM."

Why is 12GB of ram surprising?

A gaming PC in 2022 needs to have 16GB of ram standard. Most people I know have already moved up to 32GB of ram. If you are still using 8GB of ram and expecting to be playing newer titles you are doing it wrong.
Because these games rarely do anything to warrant consuming that much RAM, and frankly they usually dont, the only game I've seen break 10gb, let alone get close to it, is no mans sky. Everything else is 4-5GB at most.

Because these games rarely do anything to warrant consuming that much RAM, and frankly they usually dont, the only game I've seen break 10gb, let alone get close to it, is no mans sky. Everything else is 4-5GB at most.
Yeah, but I can't imagine running *Windows* on 8 GB of RAM.

And 16 GB of RAM starts at like $30. So why is this an issue for someone looking at a $60 game?

Last edited:
Yeah, but I can't imagine running *Windows* on 8 GB of RAM.

And 16 GB of RAM starts at like $30. So why is this an issue for someone looking at a $60 game?
Can't imagine? I'm doing it right now perfectly fine. But I agree, if you want to play new titles you should have at least 16gb of ram

Can't imagine? I'm doing it right now perfectly fine. But I agree, if you want to play new titles you should have at least 16gb of ram
Can't. imagine.
Windows 7 was terrible with 8 GB.
But that was a long time ago. My laptops have 32 GB and my desktops have 64 GB. But then I do actual computational work on my computers in addition to gaming.

Can't. imagine.
Windows 7 was terrible with 8 GB.
But that was a long time ago. My laptops have 32 GB and my desktops have 64 GB. But then I do actual computational work on my computers in addition to gaming.
I see then. Well you can only spot the difference when you try something faster. Until then it seems responsive enough to me)

Back