This Samsung Wireless Charging Pad is a must-have accessory for Galaxy owners

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

If you’re trying to cut down on messy charging cables and make your life easier, getting a wireless charger is a step in the right direction. The Samsung Wireless Charging Pad is now just $18.99, marked down from the regular $49.99.

Featuring Qi inductive charging technology, this practical and sleek charger can juice your Galaxy smartphones and other Qi-compatible devices without having to plug them into a wall socket or USB port. Simply rest your device on the charging pad and forget about it until you need to go.

The charging pad is compatible with all Samsung Qi-enabled devices including the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S7 series, the Galaxy Note 5, and older devices like the S4 and S5, but those require the optional wireless charging battery covers.

As a side note, we have a couple of Galaxy S7 owners in our staff and we swear by these, not having to plug in your phone every day but simply rest it on your work desk or nightstand is a godsend. Which is why we should also bring up that there's a fast charging version of the pad, it's not discounted but also very recommended.

Get the Samsung Wireless Charging Pad for just $18.99 with free shipping to the Continental US included at the TechSpot Store, or the fast charging version on Amazon for $42.

Permalink to story.

Question, is it samsung branded or only has the samsung because it's only compatible with samsung phones?

Because on looking at the product it says "by Sky Innovations".

For $19 I wouldn't hesitate. These are very convenient, especially at a job in IT where I'm leaving my desk 50 times a day. Charging speeds on the standard version are a little putzy, but acceptable.

Personally, I'm really surprised that more phones haven't automatically moved in this direction. It's just a common sense convenience that I think just about anyone and everyone would want. In Samsung's case they might give it some more provocative name like "launching pad" or maybe "snap, crackle, pop" .... noooo, wait, I think that one has already been used .....

Charge fast wired, and maintain charge slowly with a wireless pad.
A good balance at a great price.

No idea why there's "Sky Innovations" listed but these are Samsung products for sure. Like some of you I got one fast charging and one standard in two different places so I never use the connector unless I need to transfer something with my PC (and when I do I hate to do it). *nerd*

No idea why there's "Sky Innovations" listed but these are Samsung products for sure. Like some of you I got one fast charging and one standard in two different places so I never use the connector unless I need to transfer something with my PC (and when I do I hate to do it). *nerd*
Is it considerable the difference between the fast charge and the normal one?

Question, is it samsung branded or only has the samsung because it's only compatible with samsung phones?

Because on looking at the product it says "by Sky Innovations".
Qi is wireless charging standard that has achieved a decent amount of adoption across the tablet/smartphone market, so it's not a Samsung only compatible charger if it adheres to the Qi standard. I had Google Nexus devices (4 and 5) with wireless charging and really liked it. Saved me from having to fight with a USB cable in the dark when plugging my phone in at the bedside when going to bed after my wife. Loved it.

Loved it less with the Sony implementation for the Sony Z3. Wireless charging case as accessory. Worked ok for a while but now even if you make sure its placed on the charger and charging it often stops charging but still generates a load of heat, and also drains the battery.
As you can imagine waking up to a powerless phone instead of a recharged one kinda kills the convenience of the wireless charging. Could just call it "wireless".

One time I even had to do a power button + volume up reset on my phone because I couldn't get any response out of it, even after hours of corded charging. I'll now be wary of Qi chargers, especially with the addition of USB-C to many phones which gives quick charging and easy connection when compared to older USB connections. Many manufacturers seem to have dumped Qi/Wireless charging since the advent of USB-C.

Last edited:
So is this really one of those advertisements made to look like an article.

I can't even agree with the writer. The charging pad for my Note 5 works like ****. I put it on there, sometimes it charges and sometimes it doesnt.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning it hasnt charged my phone, and then I have to take my AC adapter with me to work. SMH this article. lol

So is this really one of those advertisements made to look like an article.

I can't even agree with the writer. The charging pad for my Note 5 works like ****. I put it on there, sometimes it charges and sometimes it doesnt.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning it hasnt charged my phone, and then I have to take my AC adapter with me to work. SMH this article. lol

Works like a treat with my Note 5. Do you have a pretty beefy case?

I bought mine same time as buying the S7 when it came out. Its OK but even though it says fast charge I find it is slower than the wired fast charge.

PS I use it with my attached samsung led cover and it charges with no issues

Back