Top Twitch streamers earning $50,000 per hour to play latest games

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Do you like video games? Want a job that can potentially pay up to $50,000 per hour? Then you should look at becoming a Twitch streamer. A new report reveals how the top names on the platform are being paid massive sums by companies to play their latest titles.

According to the Wall Street Journal, publishers understand the value of streaming when it comes to promoting their newly released games. Those whose Twitch channels attract more than 15,000 concurrent viewers can earn between $25,000 and $35,000 per hour, said Reed Duchscher, president of Night Media Inc.—a firm that represents some of the world’s top influencers. The most popular streamers, such as Ninja and DrLupo, can bring in up to $50,000 per hour.

It was revealed back in March that Tyler Blevins, better known as Ninja, was paid $1 million by EA to play and promote Apex Legends on the day of its launch. Blevins made nearly $10 million last year, and said he earns over $500,000 on a “good month.”

While those figures might sound obscene, they’re worth paying for companies looking to ensure their games get the most exposure. Apex Legends, for example, brought in a massive 50 million players in its first month of release.

Another reason companies are turning to streamers to promote games is because many viewers feel they can trust their opinions over written reviews. “They see us as more trustworthy than a name they don’t recognize that wrote a review. They can see our faces. It’s live interaction," said DrLupo, who was also paid to stream Apex Legends.

With the size of the audience it draws, game streaming will continue to be an integral part of major games’ advertising campaigns. Ubisoft has already confirmed it will be used for the upcoming Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, while Take-Two Interactive will be paying streamers to play Borderlands 3.

Permalink to story.

To get rich, all you need to do is get people to give you their money or attention (Advertisers will give you money for attention).

To stay rich: you just have to figure out how to keep the government out of your pocket when they gang up on you to take it back (taxes)

With 56,729 subs on Youtube, I earn around $2100 a month - and that's getting around 1.3 million view hours per month - including click ads and what not. I wish to God I could be a pro gamer/ trash talker to see even half this money these "kids" are seeing, but I have a business to run and can't be playing games all day.

It's amazing people will spend MONEY on these streams. If you have ever watched one of the popular streamers during prime-time, people are just throwing their wallets at the screen!

This is why young people dont have money.....

I was watching Mauler's livestream this morning of the final GoT episode.

Someone sent him a superchat for $500.

I couldn't believe it.

I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it.

The most I ever got on Superchat was $20.

It's amazing people will spend MONEY on these streams. If you have ever watched one of the popular streamers during prime-time, people are just throwing their wallets at the screen!

I couldn't believe it.

I was watching ryukahr the other day, someone had donations upwards of $1000 dollars. This was his "top month donator" only.

The man just plays Mario games.

This is nothing compared to Ninja and some of the other top streamers though.

I was watching ryukahr the other day, someone had donations upwards of $1000 dollars. This was his "top month donator" only.

anyone who gives me more than $5 automatically gets moderator status.

It's the least I can do.

Well they clearly have money if they spend it that way.

There's this actual, real, thing now where people think streamers are their friends and even some streamers are aware of it. I guess some people are so lonely those streamers are all they have so they spend money for the streamer to notice them.

I couldn't believe it.

That Ninja guy, before he was popular was exploiting some mentally ill guy to donate thousands of dollars to him to pay his "debts". A normal person would at least check with the guy to see if he's mentally ok but Ninja don't give a ****.

This isn't surprising at all.
The big streamers make big money and have no souls whatsoever.
If you go on twitter you can see how they act (especially the females) basically e-sluts that are constantly selling themselves on stream and off stream.

Its true that alot of the younger generation seems to think that streamers are their friends. When I go to stores I often see kids watching streamers on their phones as they walk through stores. Its unfortunate because they aren't living in reality but rather inside of a video game / stream.
Many people donating money on stream don't have money at all. They are either spending the little money they make trying to get noticed or they are using their parents/grandparents money.

From my experiences here in miami; most of the under 20 generation cannot even perform basic tasks. The only thing they know how to do is consume content via their phones and talk about nothing via chat networks.

My parents used to think it was bad that we could "play video games" or "chat online" over dialup (and later on sub 1mbit "high speed" internet) but our desktop computers were slower than the cell phones of today.
The most we could do is play RTS games online as even games like UT or Quake didn't really become a thing until I was like 13-14.

Its really a scary world we live in where big streamers are "celebrity icons" and make more money than TV stars used to make.

These children are seriously lacking a big brother/sister/role model. They want to be friends with the 'cool' dudes to feel cool themselves.

Edit: by these children, I mean the ones that pay money and are loyals to these streamers.

Last edited:
OMG. The world continues to change. Like it always has. And old people ***** and moan about it. Like they always have.

LOL

Why should the person at the top of their profession not make $10M? Makes sense to me, supply meets demand. It's not like everyone on Twitch makes $10M, the people who suck at it more make less money. It's all just more money moving through the economy.

They're entertainers getting paid to entertain. It's on the same wavelength as someone buying merchandise for their favorite athlete or TV show. Entertainment is just evolving, as it always has.

Streamers are just entertainers. Some get paid very very well. No different than anyone who becomes famous. I don't care how much money any of them make, I care that EA wasted money on a game that had all the hype it needed. EA didn't need to waste a million when clearly the game could have used it way more.

Ubisoft is wasting money on them to when they launch Breaking Point. They didn't do that with The Division 2 and it did better than The Division 1. If hype is there, you don't need to waste money as it wont change anything, other than the money could/should have been used wisely.

My thing is, fix the games not worry about what Steamers could do. Hell some of these people need to be investigated for cheating and scamming.

I had no idea the top streamers made that much. I think EA wayyyyy overpaid Ninja for 1 day. It would have become popular without him anyway, and he probably would have ended up playing it anyway. If he won't play unless payed, then who cares about his opinion?

Just because "media stars" have been earning obscene amounts of money for delivering nothing of real value for about a century now doesn't mean that streamers earning similarly high amount is okay. They still do not create anything of value, anything that lasts, while people who do, keep earning only pennies. Compared to them anyway.

These people - including film stars, streamers, etc - are the perfect symbols of the crisis of modern societies, where people are simply too dumb to be able to differentiate and distinguish between things of importance and things of no worth, and because of that are spending insane amounts of money on things that are worth nothing or are actually harmful and degenerative, while completely ignoring things that are actually of outmost importance and beneficial, even to them.

For ex. climate change will wipe out large parts (if not most) of Earth's ecosystem, including possibly all of humanity - and yet instead of funding research to combat that, people are wasting their money on things like this.

Human intelligence. My ss....

To get rich, all you need to do is get people to give you their money or attention (Advertisers will give you money for attention).

To stay rich: you just have to figure out how to keep the government out of your pocket when they gang up on you to take it back (taxes)

With 56,729 subs on Youtube, I earn around $2100 a month - and that's getting around 1.3 million view hours per month - including click ads and what not. I wish to God I could be a pro gamer/ trash talker to see even half this money these "kids" are seeing, but I have a business to run and can't be playing games all day.

You constantly like to preach these so called 50k+ subs you have and yet you still have not PM me your Youtube channel. Until you do, I still remain doubtful.

A normal 50k channel gains 500$-1500$ and about 100k-200k views, so your channel must be very above average to gain 1 million views and earning 2k a month

A normal 50k channel gains 500$-1500$ and about 100k-200k views, so your channel must be very above average to gain 1 million views and earning 2k a month

I doubt your numbers are accurate considering Youtube makes it hard to game their system.

My top video has 5 Million views.

I have a total of 34,565,353 views.

I earn over 1,000,000 views per month.

Social Blade estimates I earn up to $2.9K per month, although I'm specifically stating I earn around $2100 a month.

I doubt your numbers are accurate considering Youtube makes it hard to game their system.

My top video has 5 Million views.

I have a total of 34,565,353 views.

I earn over 1,000,000 views per month.

Social Blade estimates I earn up to $2.9K per month, although I'm specifically stating I earn around $2100 a month.

It obviously depends on how many videos got copyright claimed or demonetized, which makes social blade numbers misleading sometimes

Top entertainers get top pay... no surprise. But I'd me more curious on the mathematics of that hourly figure.
picking the middle number ($30,000) of a typical 15,000 viewer channel, the claim is that the streamer earns $2 per hour per viewer.

How is that monetized? The hourly figure is probably misleading... its liekly more accurate just to look at total viewership, and then extrapolate high,median, and low monthly viewing habits to get a basic number of impressions and repeat impressions... Dr.Lupo has about 3 million subscribers. 10-15% may watch him for religiously for a couple hours a day, another 10-15% may have subscribed and never watched him again... so let's say there are about 2.5 million regular viewers who tune in 2-4 times a week... that is something like 5-10 million advertising impressions a month... and they are good quality impressions because you are basically getting outright endorsement and engagement with your product. Are those impressions worth 10-20 cents each? ... yeah that is in the realm of probability especially since that is probably spread across 3-9 core advertisers (the game he plays, the computer he uses, the headphones he wears, etc. It is really pennies per advertiser in that regard)... so that puts these guys legit in the $1,000,000 per month range for what they can offer advertisers.

It obviously depends on how many videos got copyright claimed or demonetized, which makes social blade numbers misleading sometimes

He's bragged several times on how many subs his channel has before. I asked him to provide a link to his channel. He gave the excuses of saying Youtube links cannot be posted in the thread which is fair enough.

I then asked him to PM me instead and unsurprisingly he says he doesn't know how to PM here. Another member quoted and told him how to. To date he still has not done so.

He's bragged several times on how many subs his channel has before. I asked him to provide a link to his channel. He gave the excuses of saying Youtube links cannot be posted in the thread which is fair enough.

I then asked him to PM me instead and unsurprisingly he says he doesn't know how to PM here. Another member quoted and told him how to. To date he still has not done so.

Gusticles figured it out.

Back