Toshiba Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HD died on my Toshiba laptop the other day. I replaced it and tried to do a full recovery from the disks that were furnished with the laptopbut had no luck.

I called Toshiba's tech support and talked to 2 different techs who both said that the problem was with my new HD.

I can install Linux on the HD without a hitch.

I can boot from the disks that came with the laptop and copy files to the new HD with no trouble.

I can see all the files on the recovery disks but if I try to do a full recovery I get error code 03-EEEE-0000.

From what I've been able to find online, those recovery disks are really nothing more than a set of coasters.

Has anyone had any luck doing a full recovery from the disks supplied with a Toshiba laptop and if so what did you do to make them work?

First, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

The recovery disks that come with most consumer laptops are not full Windows Installation disks ... they just have the hardware drivers and pre-loaded software that came with the computer and can restore your computer to a factory-original state ... IF you are using the original drive.

In this case, sine you completely replaced the drive you will need a completely fresh Windows installation. I just did a completely fresh install of Windows 7 and it's WAY better than Vista or XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back