Trojan_Generic.DIT, is this really a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYo888

Hello Techspot, and Ty for checking out this question
First off My system is a Dell Inspiron 6400 running XP Pro, SP3
Intel core duo t2300 1.66GHz with 2gig RAM
The Issue.
For the last several days it seems to be a bit sluggish at times.
Today I noticed my trend micro running 3 or 4 diff times so I was checking it out to see why, as it is not scheduled to run that often and in viewing the logs for virus detection I am seeing a reoccurring incident, starting on March 2,09Trend Micro (TM) has detected what they are calling a Troj_generic.dit, 109 times !!! and it lists the same file every time. On March 5 there were 23 incidents of this logged. 1 every hour. and everytime it says under "status" Locked Successfully.
The infected file location is
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B3096BFD-B258-4602-A3EA-B011AE4A40FC}\RP208\A0024632.exe
When viewing the properties for this file I found, This is an MSDOS app. file that was created on Dec 13,08.
I was wondering how I should handle this file / restore point? Delete it? or tell TM to ignore it.
TY in advance for any responses

Yep very interesting indeed

12 pages of different ppl getting the same "virus" infecting diiferent systems/subsytems but I was unable to find any resulting fixes.
Does anyone know what is actually going on with this apparent TM issue?
Or have any other ideas on solving it?

Have a look at:

UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Edit:

YoYo888, on all your many Virus\Malware threads and posts, you have never stuck around to the end
Support (including me) on your old threads, requested logs and feedback, but no reply was given
As they are now old threads they do not require any further replies (just in case!) But this is why you have "YoYo" ed back here!

By the way, Dark Orange is very hard to see, therefore do not post in any color any more
Also many (lots and lots) of your old double posts have been merged. if you need to add to your last reply, if that reply is still the last post in the thread, then use Edit, to add to your posts. Just as I have done here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back