Trouble connecting to router/internet via different computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so if I'm in the wrong subforum, please let me know.
I'm having a problem with my Compaq Presaio v3000.
I've just recently switched my routers to my new ISP's own router.
On my computer, when the ethernet cable is connected, it does not detect it and therefore I cannot connect to the internet.
On a different computer, it detects it fine and so I'm able to access through LAN.
It may be a software problem. I've repaired my winsock, as I've just recently suffered from a trojan attack and so that rules out the possibility of a corrupted winsock.
I've disabled my AVG firewall and have uninstalled Spybot S&D.
I am still unable to connect to the computer.
On the other computer, I can connect through a cable when I try to connect via wireless, the router's SSID doesn't appear when I'm trying to find a network.
Could someone possibly help me out?
I've been driving myself crazy over this.

Try un-installing AVG (disabling is not ideal, and never works strangely)

Also ethernet connections are not detected as a new device, but if the ethernet cable is connected you should at least get a little green light on the Router, if not try changing the ethernet data cable.

This could also be a disabled Lan connection in your system. Check Network connections that nothing is disabled (usually just right click on it)

try this to document the settings
run->cmd /k ipconfig /all >mytcp.txt

the file MYTCP.TXT will be in your profile area \documents and settings\yourlogin\mytcp.txt

start a reply to this thread and attach that file

Try un-installing AVG (disabling is not ideal, and never works strangely)

Also ethernet connections are not detected as a new device, but if the ethernet cable is connected you should at least get a little green light on the Router, if not try changing the ethernet data cable.

This could also be a disabled Lan connection in your system. Check Network connections that nothing is disabled (usually just right click on it)

I've uninstalled AVG, and I do get a green light on the router but when the cable is plugged into my laptop, the laptop does not recognize a new connection.
There is no LAN connections in my Network connections as they had accidentally been deleted.

This is the file for my laptop that will not connect to the internet.

Windows IP Configuration

Mod Edit:
[pasted text removed]

Posting here is correct. Your other thread has been removed

Regarding your pasted log, please note:
start a reply to this thread and attach that file

The log must be attached, using the paper clip icon, in the new reply window, ie the button that looks like this==>
attach.gif

I have therefore removed your pasted reply, waiting for the attachment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back