Trouble onboard graphics, Intel DH55HC, i5-650

jsmileb

I recently set up a box with the following specs:

Intel DH55HC
i5-650 Processor
4GB Ram,
PC Powr & Cooling Silencer 750

After assembling, I could not get the setup to POST or to enter the BIOS. Tried several times. Finally, I tried inserting an older ATI 1950 Pro and everything worked fine. Installed Win 7-64, updated BIOS and everything runs great.

I have attempted to remove the vid card a couple times to use the onboard video.
I uninstall the vid card driver, reduce the screen resolution to a lower setting, power down, remove the vid card. On restart, I get POST and can enter the BIOS, but when it wants to load the OS, I get a "CANNOT DISPLAY THIS MODE" message, but I can tell from the sound that Win has loaded. Intel has an updated driver for the onboard graphics. When I try to install that, I get an error message that " This computer does not meet the requirements for this software". Is that because I still have the add in vid card still present.

What do I need to do?

With the 1950 Pro card I see a Win experience rating of 5.9. What would I likely see with the onboard graphics?

With the 1950 Pro card I see a Win experience rating of 5.9. What would I likely see with the onboard graphics?
Believe it or not, the results from the integrated graphics will be about the same. My Core i3-530 pulls a 5.9 is the gaming score. (Running in Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte H55 board).

Played with this board since August and could not get the onboard video to work. Large reason I bought this board was for the HDMI. After an hour on Intel tech support (the tech was very patient and helpful, infact, he called me back shortly after we decided RMA was in order to try one more approach) decided RMA necessary. Always a hassle, but %$&# happens.

Back